Video: CJ vs. Bengals

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

you would have to run track to claim that.....not soccer...

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I mentioned soccer because of the punt.

And no. Running a 4.57 wouldn't be measured in track- it'd be measured in football. In track I ran a 7.30+ 60m though since you bring up track. You don't run 40 yds in track.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The way CJ looks now? F'ing Dlinemen look as fast as him. lol

And saying he looks to be at 4.5 speed while I run almost a 4.6... that's a big gap you probably don't realize. More than you think.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

No, it's exactly what I think. You said CJ looks to be runninga 4.5 40. For the sake of argument we'll say he runs a 4.50 exactly. You said you clocked in a 4.55 in cargo pants and asics.

Lets put you in cleats and fancy pro combat running gear and you could surely shave off a more than a few tenths of a second right?

So what you're saying is you are just as fast as Chris Johnson, and apparently your vision is far superior to his based on what you've been saying in every CJ thread. So you must really be a better running back than CJ2K. Imagine that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Then how do you know you were the fastest white kid in Middle TN? Did you ever actually run track?

6. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

Pads and cleats add about a tenth or so. People aren't faster with them, so then it's comparing ~4.4-4.5 to ~4.7 which is significant.

I don't have a problem with the assumption that Deuce ran a 4.55. I also used to run that and I was fast but not outrageous in sprints. But NFL players are more than just fast, they are alot stronger/more agile than the everyday fast joe. Personally I preferred the 200m or 400m dash or javelin and then we'd be talking...

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

That video has me scratching my head. With the Bengals loading the box like that, how can we fail to punish them using PA?? It should be stealing candy from a baby, or maybe more like a dead guy...

8. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

This might be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard anyone say. Nobody is faster in pads than they are without pads and nobody is faster on a football field than they are on a track with spikes. Some people might lose less speed with pads on than others do which makes them faster on the field than guys that are faster than them off but to think that speed increases on the field is ridiculous.

Also the Bengals outside linebackers are amongst the fastest in the nfl. Manny Lawson ran a 4.43 and Thomas Howard ran a 4.42. If CJ was able to outrun those guys to the corner he still has to be in the 4.3s.

9. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Rookie

I ran track and played football in highschool. baseball in college. i ran a 4.50 in the 40 yard dash and a 7.0 in the 60m. for running a 4.57, 7.30 in the 60m is kinda slow

10. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Rookie

you got to be kidding, there was nothing on that play except the blocker getting in CJs way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar