Video: CJ vs. Bengals

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

1998 Mid TN Div 4a

2. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

You are the one that doesn't know what he is talking about. I played football and ran track in high school so I know plenty about running. I have heard of game speed but that is more of a case of people losing speed with pads on while other people don't. You don't think these players have adrenaline when they are running 40s at the combine that decide the rest of their career?

As far as thinking Devon Hester runs a 4.5 no I do not. Mostly because he ran a 4.35 at his pro day in 2006 and has also ran a 4.27 before. You only look right when you make numbers like 4.5 for Hester up to prove your point. Go check your facts before you start asking questions that you yourself don't even know the answer to.

Desean Jackson ran a 4.35 at the combine and Percy Harvin ran a 4.32 his freshman year in highschool. These guys have bad showings running the 40 sometimes because you aren't always at your best but to believe that their max speed comes with pads on on a football field is idiocy. Please check facts before you start making comments.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

lol yeah I've never ran a 40 where I wasn't pumped with adrenaline..you don't get faster in pads.

4. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Oh so you ran for your high school. In East Tennessee you about have to be on a summer track team to compete in indoors.

5. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

Exactly. That kid is running his mouth and has probably never put on football pads in his life nor has he probably ever been in a football offseason environment where 40 timing day is the biggest day for months. I get pumped just thinking about lining up on the field to show off my speed. People like Hester, Harvin and DJack love being thought of as the fastest guys on the field so you have to be kidding yourself if you think they aren't hyped up when they run those 40s.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

LOL so it's the fans fault now? I applaud you sir. I thought the excuse well had run dry but that's a new one. Ballsy too.

7. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Substantial difference from 1st half to 2nd half

8. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

The difference is the Bengals adjusted, the Titans did too, but they adjusted to something that wasn't working instead.:sad2:

9. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

People being faster than their track time isn't based on adrenaline, it's based on the different type of running in a game. Instead of a straight standing dash, you have people that excel at making cuts, or are quick at getting to top speed but their top speed doesn't shine in a 40/60/100m or vice versa where they accelerate slowly but their top speed is much higher than someone who runs a better 40m because that person has a better start. In track terms, that's why people will win a 150m/200m dash when they'd get 4th or 5th in a 100m. Higher top speed but slower start. Those differences translate game speed and 40m dash speed.

Fundamentally, CJ does look slower though. Perhaps his top speed isn't that much slower, but his first couple steps certainly look much slower.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

What you've never played a sport where your dad or your coach would make you question yourself in fear of screwing up?

Titans fans seem to think they know everything and when you tell chris johnson to hit the hole and take what he can get, you can't complain when he does that and doesn't try to get to the edge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar