Video: Titans Pass Rush vs Steelers 3 final drives

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Sep 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

On a side note...I basically thought Schwartz sucked but after hearing him in interviews as the Lions coach, he appears to think way differently than Fisher. One point was when he was talking about hazing rookies. He thinks it's childish and asinine but Fish continues to do it. I thought that was interesting...

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That sack on Big Ben by Jevon when we rushed 5 was perfect. That is how we need to attack. This backing off and easing up just isn't gonna cut it. It was disgusting to watch us fall apart like that. It's like the ghost of Reynaldo Hill was out there.

3. ryangm2123

ryangm2123 Reynaldo Hill's #1 Fan

on the last drive we had two good chances for interceptions - look at 5:30 and the last play vinny was just a half second too late

i think that our coaches want to be bailed out by the big play in the secondary that happened quite a few times last season

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Not only did we play into the Steelers hand by rushing only 4 (or even 3) but the STeelers always kept 6 guys or more to block the 4. RB, WRs and TEs would almost always chip off the DEs which stops their momentum while the OC and two OGs stuff the two DTs. They did it time and time again. Very well done by the Steelers.

I'm watching the Eagles Carolina game right now and the Eagles love to bring two blitzers right up the gut. It can be devastating. Even when the RB tries to get there in time the LB has his hands on the QB too quickly. When you have two good pass rushing DTs (like we do) and you bring extra guys up the middle there is always a good chance someone comes free. Up the middle is exactly where you have to attack Big Ben. Ben isn't going to take off out side the OTs very often and he isn't fast. But if you have your DL doing hugs with the interior of the line Ben will find the passing lanes and avoid the rush as long as it takes to find the open receiver. Defensively we played right into their hands.

WE WERE OUT COACHED!!!

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

at 1:48 he had 8 seconds to throw at 2:21 he had 6 seconds, cant win like that.

i say we become like the Eagles and blitz the hell out of teams.

QB's like Ben,Brady,Manning,Brees will eat you up with enough time.

6. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Yep and that doesn't say a lot for our zone coverage either then. That means we had 7 or 8 in coverage against 4 receivers and we still gave up pass after pass.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it's been backfiring for 10 years

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

This isn't Madden. Zone coverage is useless without pressure, all it does is 'limit' big plays. In the NFL, once a play goes for more then 4 seconds, it's pretty much all improvisational. Which means when we're rushing 4, and Ben has 6 seconds to throw the ball, his receivers are just running around looking for holes in the zone. Without any DL pressure at all, eventually there will ALWAYS be a hole, and Ben makes his paychecks finding them.

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

WTF happened to our venerable man-to-man coverage we used to do? Seems like that was way more effective than the zone, given the way we play defense.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Harper has ZERO recovery speed. So after he presses the receiver, they'll likely blow past him for a huge reception. I hope the Titans fix this minor problem before its exploited for what it really is. Harper is a fine player, but not as a starter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar