VIDEO: VY pass/run attempts 2nd look

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Here's another look at VY's pass and run attempts vs 49ers. Couple of passes were behind the receivers a bit but I didn't see passes that I would call terrible similar to Jamarcus Russell.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2xCVrLqLy4o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2xCVrLqLy4o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Not too bad, a little off on some throws, but all in all pretty good. I think we'll see more of the same, less running as the season goes on.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

jairus byrd gets him at least once this week.

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

The best pass/decision was the roll out to Scaife. As soon as the 2nd defender committed to him, he ditched the ball perfectly. He is running like a scared child though, at around the 6:50 mark he has a clear first down from his momentum if nothing else and basically stops dead in his tracks. That decision could have easily cost us the game if our D didnt step up.

5. dahobbs

dahobbs Camp Fodder

Any type of block at all and that is a touchdown. Patrick Willis had the angle and is a sick linebacker. The back step almost worked with Willis over pursuing.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That 3rd & 5 with 3:19 to go in the forth kills me. If Roos makes the block on Willis, Vince is in for the TD if he outruns Parys Haralson who is far slower than teammates Manny Lawson & Patrick Willis that we know are lighting quick for LB's.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The sad thing about VY's performance is he missed about 3 passes that a HS QB could make and if he makes those he is almost perfect for the game. For some reason he can't throw on the run at all and actually has a harder time with the short stuff.

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Yea, the pass on the run to the left (I think to Gage) when we were backed up on our own 5 or so yard line was absolutely horrid. To win Super Bowls, you simply cant make those kinds of mistakes.

9. Doubleones

Doubleones Palatial Regalia

it sure was, looked like he tried to baby the ball to gage.

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Wow ... anyone else notice he never moves his head? He seems to take his first read to the end. Before seeing that I thought he played better. I am also worried about Byrd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar