View from the Other Side: Vikings @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Chip Scoggins, Star Tribune
    "Vikings quarterback Gus Frerotte needed two stitches in his left hand and took several big shots in a 30-17 loss to the Tennessee Titans on Sunday at LP Field. But one hit in particular made Frerotte's blood boil.

Frerotte took a helmet shot below the belt from Titans defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch in the fourth quarter, drawing a roughing-the-passer penalty.

Frerotte lay on the ground after the play in obvious pain. Afterward, he didn't hide his frustration.

'It was a direct shot,' Frerotte said. 'That just isn't called for in this game. To take and just spear somebody like that. That's pretty ridiculous. I mean, the guy plays hard and he goes all out, but he wants to do those kind of things.'"

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm going to re-watch some of the game tonight and want to see the KVB hit.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I thought Frerotte was hurt because it looked like a direct helmet to his nuts.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

it was. He's trying to paint KVB as dirty based on his statement. At least that's how I interpret it.

but he wants to do those kind of things

:cry:

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

So he wants us to believe KVB was able to aim at his boys while KVB was sprinting around a 300 pound OT and Frerotte was running for his life?

6. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Guest

The hit wasn't intentionally dirty. It was late and below the belt, and was appropriately flagged. But I doubt that he was aiming for the jewels.

7. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Guest

LOL. Gus wasn't running though. He was standing in the pocket, and had gotten rid of the ball already when KVB hit him. Like I said, it was a late hit, and was appropriately flagged as such. And I suspect that KVB will get a fine from the NFL for leading with his helmet. But it wasn't a dirty act. There was no intent to injure. It is just one of those things that happen in a rough game.

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Just shows you how good KVB is.

A lesser player couldn't hit a target like that.

9. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Guest

LMAO. I bet that they are big and swollen today...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar