Vikes and Cards playoff tickets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

This from todays (1-1-09) Tennessean, allow meeeeee to quote:
    "The NFL has given the Vikings and Arizona extensions to sell more playoff tickets and avoid local TV blackouts of <i><u>their</i></u> PLAY OFF GAMES".
    Can you believe this! I had to call a friend of mine, who is a Vikes fan, and express my feelings, and explain to him that our 'small market' sold out in 3 minutes. He said they (the fans) blamed it on high ticket prices. I thought the NFL set those prices, but anyhow, I told him that I was happy to have tickets regardless of what they cost me. Titans playoff tickets are right up there with the Hadley twins I dated in High School.
    He told me that their stadium would be full of Philly fans. I asked him if the Philly fans were paying the same price as the Vikes fan. He never answered that question. Fact is, the Philly fans are probably paying more than the Vikes fans.
    What's the regular season like if you can't fill up for a Playoff game?
    Will we be seeing For Sale signs soon?

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I guess it is harder to get fired up when you expect to walk into the slaughterhouse for a home game on national TV.

Not saying I agree with this, but I can sympathize. Titans have never gotten to POs when I did not feel they were competitive. But I can understand why Vike fans in particular would feel this way. Card fans should be throwing parades just hosting a PO game though

3. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

amazing.

Not surprised about the Cards though. Given their history and the near late season collapse, I'm curious what they will do in the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar