Post-Game Thread Vikings 25, Titans 16

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mitch, youre being a mitch, stop it

• LOL LOL x 3
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You don't think home wins is THE #1 focus? I can't imagine a scenario where it isn't.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Has the need to win at home been addressed publicly by the organization? Because if it has, I missed it. It would certainly reassure me (and I imagine others) that winning at home for the loyal fans IS a priority.

We have been losing at home in a dismal fashion and after losing the hope opener it still hasn't been remedied. The exotic smashmouth Mularkey advertised really didn't do a lot for home W. And we know how unpopular the Mularkey hire was and who was his biggest advocate. How are fans supposed to believe the ownership is actually in touch?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

i thought I saw before last weekend's game that we were 2-14 at home in last 2 seasons

they should be giving tickets away for free

5. TitanJeff

I would assume winning, in general, it's a given. That is like any for-profit business having to state making money is a priority.

By looking at what they are doing off the field to help this franchise win. They're opening the purse strings on free agents. They've upgraded the St. Thomas Sports Park. They appear committed to allow Trader Jon to do whatever it takes even when it isn't the most cap-friendly solution. I'll never understand keeping Mularkey but AAS seems to believe in him and, though I don't, will give it more than one game to see the changes.

Two mistakes by our QB cost us a home win against a playoff team. I don't believe in moral victories but I saw a team continue to play after the wheels had fallen off. I hope that's a sign that the process has begun.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Riverman

It has been since 2009 that we went over .500 at HOME!

09 5-3
    10 3-5
    11 4-4
    12 4-4
    13 3-5
    14 1-7
    15 1-7

Pitiful Home Record. It should be no mystery why games quit selling out. Yet some folks still hold on to PSL's in hopes that home wins will return. Those are the folks that ownership should be addressing and acknowledging their loyalty and dedication to the organization.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Riverman

See above. But I'd add that exotic smashmouth as promoted by Strunk's unpopular choice for HC did NOT put our franchise QB in the best situation.

8. TitanJeff

In his defense, this team is lacking talent and experience to spread it out and be effective. It's easier to add a couple of OL and a RB and pound the rock.

I'm hoping we didn't see as much of a power formation attack last week because they respected the Vikings front 7. If we don't see more of a ground game this Sunday, then I will be shocked.

9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

completely agree and if we understand this concept why doesn't our coach? Thats scary! I hope JR noticed that

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

last 6 games of 13, all of 14 & 15 plus first home game of 16 ....

3-20 .130 at home....

next time the Titans have a home game it will have been 143 weeks since they have beaten a team that is NOT the Jaguars....

143 WEEKS ...

those 2 Ws over the tarpkitties were by a total of 5 points and 1 of them was a blocked FGA on the last play...

the home failure over the last 3 seasons is epic

• Informative Informative x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar