Vikings safety ejected for grabbing official

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

MINNEAPOLIS Vikings safety Harrison Smith crossed a line when he made contact with back judge Steve Freeman after a play in the second quarter. Smith was ejected from the game.

“He grabbed the official,” referee Jeff Triplette said. “The official was trying to separate him and he pushed the official to the side. That’s an automatic ejection.”

Smith said he “was just caught in the heat of the moment, kind of jawing back and forth with some of the Titans players.”

“I accidentally put my hands on him,” Smith said. “I didn’t realize until afterwards, until after I touched him, that it was an official. It was just stupid.”

Robert Blanton replaced Smith and finished with four tackles and an assist.

Source: Titans Insider

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

and a knockout, a royal flush, a whole string of crapie and three doubles

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Even though that was stupid, this is a guy we could've drafted... and he looks really good.

Could've let Griffin walk, re-signed Finnegan, drafted Smith... but I can only dream of us doing something smart like that.

I'm still happy with the Wright pick, though when it happened I was furious.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

KW has done zip

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Yeah wright had what 9 catches for 60 some yards yesterday? lol pathetic!

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

how many were for FDs or TDs? How many YAC did the slow midget get?

exactly. KW can run a 6 yard hook on third and 9 - big whoop!

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm seriously sick of people looking at his YPR and not actually watching his catches. He had nowhere to go on every single catch yesterday. Hasselbeck can't throw a pass beyond 4 feet, so it's hard for Kendall to do anything. He was swarmed on every catch.

• High Five High Five x 5
  8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I came in this thread to bring up the same point. Back during the draft everyone said there's no safties worth our pick.. I brough up Barron and Smith - who's right now! Harrison Smith is a monster, future pro-bowler, and right now fighting for D-ROY.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

KW was supposed too make plays after the catch - Im still waiting for the short, slow, fat and stone handed WR too do so

10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Yeah I watched him try to beat people deep continuously but failed to do so!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar