Vikings sign Bobby Wade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

There is a lot of arguement about signing vs cap hell, let define cap hell and see if that will help settle the debate. CAP HELL: The releasing of quality players and the inability to sign quality players because of limited cap space.

Sounds to me like we are in cap hell right now. (Thoughts)

I have to say bennet gone (ok with that), wade gone (little upset liked him),
    TH gone (that hurts) but i think lendel can handle it (we will see).

( if we don't make a signing this offseason )i will be pissed and say I would rather be in future cap hell and win games than live in self inflicted cap hell and loose games.

Maybe MR has a plan, but if not we are sunk.

Im hoping he's saving cap$ to trade our 1st & 2nd to tampa for there 1st so we can draft and sign CJ (he is a beast, the real deal):bonk2: :bonk2: :bonk2:

2. PacNasty

PacNasty Camp Fodder

Calvin Johnson doesn't play on both sides of the ball. Peyton Manning and his elite set of Wide Recievers couldn't get over the hump until their Defense led them all the way. That's where we need to start. The Titans really need to get better on that side of the ball before we worry about anything else. Having a solid core at defense is key. Dropping Lamont and any other jokes like Hill need to be let go or just used for depth. I like the approach Mike is taking because we're not overpaying for average players. That's how they got into the cap troubles in the first place. Take a look at the Seahaws and how well off they are at this point. That's where I see the Titans in a couple years. Just have to let the pieces fall into place.

3. fltitan

fltitan Guest

4. Texas_Titan_1

I agree about the D and the calvin J statements was merely to demonstrate that (i wanted something special to happen this offseason and it hasent)

i just think that we could probably trade a few picks to up our standings in the earlier rounds. MQolstens are hard to find late and several diamonds late is almost imposible.

However I do not look at the Seahawks in amazement like you. i think MR put together a good team in an extreamly week NFC, I just don't think that style of managing will work in the AFC.

However I am wondering if you think my definition of salary cap hell is accurate. I just have that feeling that I had when we lost the freak, rolle, and mason. I dont like that feeling.:wall:

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Decent and standing atop the worst division in the league?

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well if you think Wade, Bennet and Henry are of the same quality as Rolle, Kearse, Mason (and probably some I'm forgetting)...

7. DJB

DJB Starter

Bobby Wade leaving doesn't bother me one bit. He did a good job but him leaving isn't going to make a huge difference in the Titans final record next season. Let Roby or somebody else take over the spot on the field

8. Texas_Titan_1

Honestly Vig, please don't put words into my mouth. I was only saying that I am feeling similar this year as I was that year. :wall:

i know wade, benn and henry are not those guys, but come on I really don't want the FA period to end with our biggest FA signing to be KFC, what a joke.

9. Do you people honestly think fisher is gonna go into to the season with just Jones,roby,roydell and ORR?Seriously don't be dum people,the GM is smart not stupid.If we signed Henry,Wade,and Bennett their goes money to spend on the defense.You build your team through the draft and use the free agency for vetrans to help balance out.Patriots are prime examples,stop b*tch!n

10. titanfreak333

titanfreak333 Titan fan from kansas

It's to bad he left he was a solid reciver in my opinion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar