Vince bringing national spotlight to Titans, finally!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Mrs, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Vince, media darling, is bringing national spotlight to the Titans. Something that has eluded the team for many years. Even when they were winning playoff games and went to the Super Bowl, they never got a lot of national media attention.

Vince has changed that. From what I understand, ESPN magazine was at practice yesterday and Sports Illustrated was at practice today.

It has been said that the main reason the Titans keep showing up on NFL Replay is because of Vince. Yes, they have been good games, but Vince is also a factor. The rest of the team are pleased to have national media at their practices.

2. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Really?? That's really cool

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Teams that win get covered.

During that sweet run from '99-'03 we got a fair amount of coverage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

we are on the upswing now... Vince has the allure that MAC has...

here's the thing...

nobody gives a jack about a team that sucks as bad as we have the past two seasons. Eddie George and Steve McNair falling to pieces didn't help... not to mention the cap purge and the ensuing talent vacuum. Nobody wants to pay good money to read about a bunch a losers. Just fans like me who buy tickets would care and that's not good for business if you are a publisher.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I just hope this doesn't land Young on the cover of Madden '08.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

he will never do that.

6. The Mrs

Bipolar, you are half right. However, even before our win streak, national media was showing up at practice. I'm not talking about reaction reporting after a win. I'm talking about Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens media attention.

This isn't something I pulled from my hind quarters. Players have noticed the national media attention since Vince showed up at mini-camps.

7. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Seeing how strong the SI cover jinx is, put Schwartz on the cover.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

your 'hind quarters'? :ha:

what are you? a dog? :biglaugh:

I see what you are saying but isn't it safe to say that little Matt Leinart has been getting attention all year or whatever? He was even drafted later and has been more hyped. Arizona isn't a widely popular team. I get your point. Vince Young has opened alot of eyes lately and there were those in the begining that were telling the world he was going to... In anycase I'm glad Vince is going to be a huge star on my team.

9. The Mrs

Just say I'm right, Bipolar and keep it moving.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i too have thought about that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar