Vince for Pro Bowl?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I like that he's got Keith, Hope and Mawae on that list as well.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

He also has Olson on the list :rolleyes:

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Beyond stupid...

I love vince but only a bonafide idiot would say he belongs in the pro bowl ahead of brady or rivers.

Not sure how quarterbacking an 11-2 team with a 96 passing rating, 18 tds and only 6 ints is "average at times". Also not sure what vick has to do with this because vick is in the nfc. Still putting vince's numbers alongside vick's vick does have the better numbers rushing and passing. Vick will gain over 1000 yards this year something a QB has never done!

The word "inconsistent" was used to describe brady and the patriots. How is 9-4 inconsistent? 20tds with 12 ints inconsistent? Vince has 10tds with 11ints..

We love vince and the fact he, a rookie is already almost the equal of vick a 6th year player is damned impressive but still doesn't qualify him for any probowl.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It was either mentioned in that article or somewhere else but Brady has thrown 3 TDs and 4 INTs (uncharacteristic I know) in the past few weeks.

Clearly this guy is looking at the past few weeks to make his judgment on Young and the other QBs

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A mistake..

Clearly this guy is looking at the past few weeks to make his judgment on Young and the other QBs
    -------------------------------

Of course the pro bowl is based on one's performance for the whole year. Heck young didn't even start until week 4.

How about david garrard for mvp? He is 5-2 since taking over for the injured leftwich and has had 2 stretches of 3 games in a row without an int. He can run with the ball and has a passing rating 17 points higher than young.. He doesn't deserve to go to the pro bowl either but makes a better case than young.

Not argueing with you just taking your point and running with it..

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I know when you argue with me Roll. :brow:

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Agreed. He doesn't deserve to go this year. Too many spectacular QBs ahead of him to warrant consideration IMO. Now OROY, I have no problem with...

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Where was the hype for steve?

In 1997 steve mcnair had almost identical numbers for the oilers and nobody hardly noticed. In 98 steve improved his passing rating by ten points with comparable rushing numbers and nobody noticed. In 97 and 98 steve averaged 39 yards rushing per game with a 7 yard average. Young this year averages 41 yards rushing with a 6.75 average. So why was steve not the media darling of the late 90s while vince is over hyped now? Not that i mind the over hype, him being our guy..

Could it be that in less than a decade people have finally realized that a QB who can run is a huge asset?

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Could be. Could also be that the NFL might want to recoup on the failed "New Prototypical QB" (ala Vick), and wants to try again with Vince.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar