Vince is the League Leader in Snaps

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Young54, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I am glad he was able to knock the rust off prior to week 1.

2. Nine

Nine Starter

Preseason is where teams really start to develop chemistry and get their timing down.

Teams that are still working to establish themselves generally give their starters more playing time than someone like the Colts or Chargers, whose offense is largely intact from the previous season.

Of course, there's a certain amount of risk involved. But if you've got a young team that needs seasoning, then it's a worthwhile risk.

3. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

ehhh, i see what you're saying as far as the risk is concerned, but i think it was for the better. Plus, had he played in the first game maybe he woudln't have played so much in the third and fourth

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

As soon as you start holding back is when you get injured. Titans had one of the most physical camps this year, and yet also had one of the best preseasons as far as injuries go that we've had in a long time. Teams that hold their starters back for fear of getting injured in a game that doesn't mean anything only make it more likely that they'll be injured when it counts - seems worse to me.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Once they stopped having Henry pass block for Vince, his chance of getting hurt dropped way down.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

At least we won't be like Michigan. In my opinion, it is better to play and be prepared physically and mentally for the real deal. I agree with Fisher. They've been playing football for 12 years already, one more game is no big deal. There is no reason to be afraid of what could happen. But in terms of being physically ready you really need 4 qtrs. I"ll settle for 2.5 tho'.

7. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

young(age) qb, unproven receivers ... really don't mind him working hard this pre-season.

the Madden curse is superstitious nonsense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar