Vince on 60 Minutes this Sunday

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Tman, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigSteve09

BigSteve09 Camp Fodder

suga water
    egg mayonaise sandwich

2. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Bingo. Believing is half the battle.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The interview came off as Vince being pompous. But a lot of that was how they hyped and edited the interview.

His fans will take it in the context with everything else. 60 Minutes is going to try and pull out the controversy when they can. They won't tell you about him visiting Everett on his week off or doing charity work.

I have no doubt he is somewhat arrogant at times though I don't see that as a negative.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

It's only arrogance if you can't back it up... or something

5. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Vince is a more digestable version of Pacman. Both of them have that hood mentality. Neither guy is going to flinch or show you the least bit of weakness. Even if you see the chink in the armour, neither will acknowledge it. When Vince says "can't nobody tell me nothing", he is serious. Remember his loss in Indy when he refused to give a post game interview? Remember a few weeks ago when they lost to Indy at LP field and Vince stalked off the field, threw his helmet and there was still time on the clock? Had Pacman done this, it would have been a front page story. Not much difference betwen Pac and Vince except that one is more beloved by the media and his behavior is tolerated more.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And a number of run-ins with the police, a few arrests, dropping a string of f-bombs on camera and so forth...

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

The reason Pac is a national sports figure is because of his off the field problems. Vince is a national sports figure because of his on the field play and the idea that he is a great winner. They might both be a bit immature and have a tough attitude, but until Vince starts getting in trouble off the field then their is not going to be controversy surrounding him, and nobody is going to look at him in the same light as Pac Man.

8. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Vince on 60 Minutes

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/09/27/60minutes/main3304630.shtml

Did anyone else see the interview? Pelley made Vince seem like a punk at times when he talked about him missing the plane to Philly last year. They talked about Vince's dad as well. It had some negativity about Vince but overall it was a pretty interesting interview.

9. Scotty35

Scotty35 Guest

that inverview. i thought the guy doing the interview was a jerk to Vince and his Mom and made Vince look way too cocky

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

That's how they are on 60 Minutes, they ask straight faced questions and don't sugarcoat anything. What you say is how you come across. For instance, Vince comes across as your typical athlete who has very limited vocabulary skills, "Can't nobody tell me nothin". I thought he came across as an extremely arrogant individual, especially how he talked about the missed flight last year, he didn't sound remorseful at all. I think he needs to mature a bit more before we start throwing him into public speaking roles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar