Vince on 60 Minutes this Sunday

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Tman, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Media Messing things up....

was browsing through sportsillustrated...an i found this article (actually provided by teh Tenneaseean)...

Young: 'I'm better' than Bush

makes it sound like a strong comment...so opened the article....

"Titans quarterback Vince Young is scheduled to be featured on the CBS news magazine 60 Minutes on Sunday. In an interview taped this summer, Young admitted he was angry about not winning the Heisman Trophy in his final season at Texas. The award went to Southern Cal running back Reggie Bush, now with the Saints. "I was angry about that situation," Young said. "And I wanted to show the world that I was the real Heisman Trophy winner. But on paper, Reggie Bush is the Heisman Trophy winner. I am not taking nothing from him. He knows he's a phenomenal athlete. I always feel like I'm better. Always." Young also said he was upset last year when the Titans left for Philadelphia without him. The rookie was late to the team's charter flight and flew in later on a private plane."

...media spin....

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

PacMan is my boy, so is VY
    I like both of their mentalities ON THE FIELD, they want to bne the best and they get it done

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

You're speaking from a "media" perspective. I'm speaking from personal interaction with both guys. Neither are bad guys, but both guys share similar personalities. Vince is the polished version of Pac.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

VInce also doesnt get in trouble or find himself in the situations that Pac does, because he obviously has better judgement. Maybe I am giving the "media" perspective, but Im not sure you are understanding why the perspective is there. Pac isnt controversial because of his personality, he is controversial because of his poor judgement. So to say Vince is a more polished version might be true, but the polishing is why Vince is playing on Sundays and Pac is sitting out a year. And the polishing is why Vince is highly respected, and Pac isnt respected at all. More or less, the polishing makes a big difference.

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I'd take an entire football team full of polished Pacmans.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

A polished turd is still a turd. Vince is no polished Pacman, Vince has common sense.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

They may have similar aggressive arrogant personalities, but there is a lot different between the two people as men.

Pac is less tolerated and hated by the media because of his criminal (or alleged if you want) criminal activities.

If Vince got into similar trouble the media would probably hate on him even more since he plays the higher profile position.

I don't think criminal behavior will be tolerated by the majority of NFL fans regardless of who the player is.

Overall, this 60 minutes interview was pretty disappointing. Not for what Vince said or his arrogance but because the way the interview was cut and how uninformative the interview was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar