Vince really did have a bad day...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

this was the first game i got w/ vince starting....and here is wat i noticed

1 - though the wr's dopped a lot of passes....he made some bad throws...one of the ints he shoulda gone to the outside...but went inside (generally throwin outside is safer; away from the cb)

2 - he locks on to his WR's ....he doesnt anaylize the field....i saw so many players that were open that he didnt even look at....i recored the game....and watched it over...he needs to check out his targets...not lock on to just 1.

3 - he is too afraid to run....he coulda ran so many times when he woulda been open to break a nice 10 yard gain...but insted forced a throw. seriosly even the commendator said several times he had open lanes (he coulda had like easily had like 40-60 yard rushing this game)

4 - he needs to use his h-backs more as targets; travis was open in the flat all day

anway those are just some of my comments on the game...from wat i saw...if anyone else watched the game i'd like to know wat u thinik....

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i dont think he's afraid to run, i think he's trying to prove he can be a pocket passer instead of just playing football.

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Agreed. I think he is trying to get away from the "athletic" title and just be considered a good QB. This was the second game in a row that the announcers brought up Fisher and him wanting Young to run more.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think it is smart for Young to look pass first. But he also needs to use those legs more often. Chow said it himself as well. The difference in Young and Leinart or Cutler is the running ability. He needs to use it without relying on it.

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

i think Mac advice has something to do with why he is in the pocket......................VY was told how steve was viewed in TN 97-00

6. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Mike Vick went through last year, rather have VY to get through it all in his rookie season, because after Vick realized he still is a good passer, he said forget it and was Vick again- just smarter with his decisions, and because of it he is having an MVP season...

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I'm worried about the multiple interceptions and low passing yards/game.
    I hope its just inexperience.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Translation: "That boy needs to run, or else I need to look for another job, 'cuz I can't do NUTTIN' with this guy...."

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Good analysis. It has to get frustrating for the other players if they are open and he doesn't throw them the ball.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Don't take too much from this one game..

He had 2 straight games without an int before sunday and had just one int against the colts. Remember also that even vet QBs have bad games. Anyone who saw mcnair in that monday night game against the broncos or brady on sunday night knows that. Let's just see if it is a trend or if he can right himself and put together some more turover free games.

I'm more concerned about the low percentage of passes that are right on the money. Accuracy is harder to improve on then decision making.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar