Vince seems soft??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by arcticboy, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

On being Soft: Did anyone watch the interview with him after the game? He said he hurt it the first half. Not on the hit. So he gutted it out. And on the last play you could see the severity as he handed it off. It was not good for the team to have him in there when he could not move back for a handoff. He was really hurt. And all posters are correct, this is a lingering injury he's brushing off to play. He's played all year for the most part. So he's not soft. He even had a tackle last night.

On Pouting: I don't remember him pouting in the NCAA championship game, down 12 with like 4 minutes left. He showed utter confidence. What you saw was right after the fumble, he looked frustrated, but who wouldn't. But you didn't see him pat his teammate on the head on the sideline and gather the troops like he always does. Let me tell you what you did see on TV last night. A reporter. Nothing more. All you heard was a sideline reporter making that comment when Vince was on the sideline in agony. How would she know if he was pouting or not, when he was writhing in pain, face down, on the field, at the time of the report. You just have to use common sense. She took a chance to knock him down when he was down, rather than reporting the pouting with a camera on him pouting. I actually thought it was poor reporting in my opinion. There was no evidence of pouting, and at the time it was reported, he was injured, not pouting. So it looked to me more like tabloid reporting than an actual report. You have to use your eyes and brain than rely on that report. If there was any evidence, I would have believed her, but honestly, I saw nothing to make me believe it.

2. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

Is AH soft, too? Nick Harper missed games-is he soft? What about Hall for missing games with a broken arm? guys have played through broken arms before.

Guys get hurt. Guys miss games. Quad injuries are VERY painful, and it is clear that Vince has played through it most of the year. He hasn't been nearly as mobile since the original injury-you can see him pull up and limp throughout many of the games since then, yet he has led this team to the playoffs in his second season.

Honestly, I am shocked that we made the playoffs-we certainly played above our heads, because this team does not have the talent to go 10-6. I think that is a result of leadership from guys like Bullock and Vince. Other teams with much more talent (Cutler's Broncos) are sitting at home watching.

3. CNYTitanFan

CNYTitanFan Guest

The more that I watch VY, the more that I realize that the Quadricep strain was probably more serious than previously thought. The function of the Quadriceps as a whole is to extend the knee (straighten the knee). A quadricep strain usually results from a muscular imbalance between the quadriceps and the hamstrings. The hamstrings over power the weaker quadriceps which results in a strain or tear of the muscle.

I think that this alone would be enough to throw off his mechanics both in running and throwing.

The only thing that's going to help this is proper rest, rehabilitation during the off-season. He also seems to have skinny legs, so maybe he needs to work them out more. Build some muscle as well as a regular stretching program to keep this from becoming a reocurring issue.

Is he soft? Heck no! I've had a hamstring pull pain that lasted for 8 weeks; I can only imagine the pain of a Quad pull.

4. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

I have followed Vince since HS, and this is the first significant injury I can remember. Muscle injuries take time to heal. After he gets some rest in the offseason, he will come back ready to play like the Vince of old. Although this injury forcing him to stay in the pocket will likely help with his future development.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He can't handle defeat. He walked in to the NFL thinking it was college. And now his pride is hurt, and he gets frustrated because he sucks at this point. So he limps off when things dont go his way.
    He lost all his killer instinct. He needs a psychiatrist, or a heart. Maybe both.

6. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

On VY, I've seen him pout just about every week this season actually. Not that other QB's don't either. I've seen Brady yell, scream and pout too when things don't go his way, diference is he turns that frown into a smile by competing and winning. But I do think VY needs to realize this is the NFL, it's MUCH different than his days at Texas, he just needs to work harder.

7. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

I agree that he hates losing, but brady, manning--all the greats get mad when they lose. I am fine with that.

I am not really understanding you arguments--he played best coming down the stretch with a 100 QB rating in 3 of his last 5 games--even with a bum leg. Even you haters have to be impressed with that--with 2 healthy wheels, he dominates down the stretch.

8. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Just another thing to add on to vince's "struggles" recently. Over the last 5 games VY had more games with a passer rating over 99 than tom brady. Yes, his confidence must be shot. And saying he gets injured when things aren't going his way. He was 14 of 18 last night and they were down by 3 and had just picked up a 1st down at midfield.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol you live in the most amazing fantasy world. He's missed one game and couldn't finish how many exactly? But he limps off :ha:

lol, think before you speak, that is just stupid beyond stupid.

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Did VY not go 14 for 18 and 157 yards to that point, or did I miss something, please tell me if I did because Im stunned by some of the comments I see at this point, because honestly, VY was doing very well imo, the run game struggled, slowing down the offense, not VY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar