Vince talks about why he went back

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Torch7, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Discussion regarding "maturity level" in previous posts.

2. Riverman

I guess that is where I disagree. He posted good numbers against KC and Indy's D in the "Sorgi" game. He posted a 53.5 in the San Diego play-off game.

I hope so. I agree that his "dual threat" is what paralyzes DB play, especially the safeties and nickelbacks.

thanks.

3. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

he also played good in the houston game. So he played well in 3 of the final 5 regular season games. And at half time of the san diego game he was in the 90's then we went into ultra-conservative offense the whole 2nd half. And I don't see how maturity has something to do with getting parking tickets. He probably parks as close as he can to class and he doesn't mind paying the 20 dollar fine that comes with it. If you made close to 20 million last year and had to either walk 2 miles to class or pay 20 dollars and walk 100 yards which would you do?

4. Riverman

1) Look at the stats yourself:

http://www.nfl.com/players/vinceyoung/gamelogs?id=YOU617196

You will see in the series you quote he posted a rating 38 (the half time "ultra-conservative mode" game you mention) and 60. IMO- his best performance was against HOU who ranked 24th in total yards and 25th in passing Defense. He did play OK against KC and Indy's scrubs. My point is- that is NOT a trend upward especially when ending with a 53.5. It can be classified as ERRATIC as best.

2) Hmmm- Break the rule because he can afford to pay the fine. Yeah that is mature. Again, I only brought up this issue because some posters were suggesting that there is NO reason to doubt he is mature enough (and smart enough) to manage the responsibility of pursuing his degree and meeting expectations of him as our franchise QB entering his 3rd year.

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

6. Riverman

7. Dr.Awkward

Dr.Awkward Camp Fodder

Wow. This has been a pretty intelligent discussion and I've really enjoyed reading everyone's point of view. With that said, however, I can't believe the above statement was used as an argument.

Parking tickets? Really?... seriously?

As a graduate of the university of Texas, let me be first to say that parking tickets are a way of life on campus. It's ridiculously hard to find parking. I can't emphasize that enough. To have someone equate getting parking tickets with someone's level of maturity is absolutely unjustified.

Just my .02

8. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

I have to question some of the maturity on this board based on some of the unfair shots some of you people have taken at VY. Get a life.

9. Riverman

You people are just crazy to think the decision not to follow something as simple as parking rules is not an indicator of maturity. :) (btw- I didn't start the "maturity" discussion)

Just kidding anyway. It is clear that Vince has everything under control. The INT's were the WR's faults, the other 10 players on offense and the coaches were to blame for the incorrect reads and audibles, he would have been MVP if he hadn't injured his quad, he really is eloquent if others were smart enough to understand him, everybody hates Vince because he looks like Buster Douglas, he doesn't need preparation to improve and most of all his poop doesn't stink. Anybody who thinks different is a racist. :)

[​IMG]

10. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

I'm glad you have finally succumb to the brainwashing.. Now state the Pledge of Allegiance to VINCE and we can move on. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar