Vince to start next week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

This doesn't surprise me. I actually agree with Fisher's call to put KFC in. Vince wasn't taking care of the ball and just looked out of it. The horrible play-calling didn't help but those 2 picks were careless and the fumble showed his lack of awareness.

Gotta give KFC a pass on his poor play too, he didn't expect to play today and it showed. The Steelers had our #, no 2 ways about it. Their offense adjusted to what our D was throwing at them and we didn't. It was that simple.

Our offense went ka-put. But at least we're 1-1 and not 0-2. The season isn't over and VY is not finished as a starting QB in the NFL. And Fisher isn't getting fired. We are not doomed.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Ugh. Like I said, why do people act like Young was about to explode offensively. He wasn't. Guy was playing horribly and we still had a shot to win the game. Don't give me this "Well he didn't have a chance to win" he had 3 quarters to do ANYTHING on offense and he managed 3 points, yea why bench him? He was doing so well.

The point about Indy and San Diego and now Pittsburgh is that Young doesn't beat good teams and he really hasn't. But it's more than that for me.

This is his 5th year, he's not a young QB anymore he's 27 it's time to get it done. Sure everyone has bad games but there's a big difference when a proven great player has one and then when Young has won. To me, Young hasn't been consistently good enough to chalk it up to a bad game. Even last year, I thought he did enough to warrant entering this season as the starter but his numbers weren't super eye popping. He still had a few too many turnovers and not as many TDs as you'd like to see. Now we get to this year and it just looks like his 2008 start all over again. When is he going to just play really well? I was over on the Steelers forum earlier this week and they wanted too force Vince into throwing it. People still don't think Young cant beat them with his arm and you know what, they're right.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

I am the one that pointed put that in the last 12 games we didn't win the two big games against quality defenses/playoff caliber defenses with complicated coverage schemes (esp. 3-4 defenses), and this game today only solidified my belief that while Vince has improved in many areas as far as reading defenses, he still can't make the leap to the big leagues. Sure it doesn't help that his receivers are on the mediocre side, sure it didn't help at all that the running game was a joke, and most importantly, sure it didn't help that Dinger and Fisher seemed to hamstring him quite a bit with the vanilla play calling, but the dude has to step up and make plays against great defenses or he's just another average QB that used to run and make plays with his legs...

The decision making on the picks was especially inexcusable, and he just seems to continue doing dumb things like that...

Sadly, I would love to say something cerebral like, you wouldn't see Tom Brady or Brett Favre doing that, but well, both of them sucked pretty badly today and weren't yanked, and neither was Flacco after he single handedly lost the game for his team today either...

I was building faith in Vince until this game and almost all my good will evaporated, sadly, all my good will evaporated for Fisher and his Offensive staff who were beyond pathetic today...

4. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Donnie Nickey

5. TitanFan007

TitanFan007 Camp Fodder

All your faith evaporated in 2 picks and a fumble? Whether or not Vince ends up become an upper echelon QB or not i can guarantee that he will continue throwing interceptions... sorry, bums me out too.

You guys have Vince on such a tight leash. Yes he had a BAD GAME, im not saying he was GOING to explode offensively. What I'm saying is that he has earned his place in this league as a starting QB and he deserves to win games AND LOSE games on his own and not have to endure the embarrassment of being yanked in the 4th and effectively conceding failure on his part.

Sanchez looked like a bum last week, this week he looked like a hall of famer. Thats a coach that both trusts his QB and is giving him confidence in doing so.

I dont blame KC for his horrible first three drives against an amazing defense, i blame Jeff for thinking Kerry could play Manning or Brady in the last quarter and completely pulling the rug out from under Vince after VINCE is the one who's bailed Fish out of some sub par seasons that could've been A LOT worse!

6. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Horrible? Collins almost tied the game for us.

7. erut07

erut07 Camp Fodder

Only 2 of those TOs can be pinned on him. An unblocked blind side rusher is almost a guaranteed fumble every time. Besides, even with 3 TOs he still wasn't responsible for HALF of the teams turnovers today. A really poor team effort that falls on everyone from the coaches to QB.

8. erut07

erut07 Camp Fodder

Collins was facing a Steelers D that thought they had already won the game and was playing prevent. If people honestly feel like VY couldn't have recovered from his bad start, why are they so easy to believe KC was able to come back from his 2 turnover performance in just 2 possessions.

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

apparently this isn't vince youngs team

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I personally don't buy into the "Steelers stopped playing" excuse for Collins doing what he is paid to do - and if the correctly ref calls interference on the Washington play and TN get the 2pts the choice to bring in Collins certainly looks justified. Regardless Vince starts next week and Collins will be gone next season.. Next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar