Vince Young appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chem, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

there we go, back on track.

2. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Has anyone even contemplated the idea that this could be more than just immaturity? It has some definite signs of clinical depression or a variety of other mental disorders. You don't go from winning Rookie of the Year to wanting to retire in the span of a couple of months just because you are immature.

I don't know...I'm just throwing this out there.

3. ruby10football

ruby10football Camp Fodder

Thanks for reminding me, Pro football players AREN'T HUMAN, I would have forgotten that........

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

they play with pads, not flags.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

look sweetheart, I'm not lumping so much as I was taking your statements at face value. You have supplied more information in ensuing posts thus painting a better picture of your fan hood and disposition. Understand that what I gather is going to be based on the information that you supply and up to that point earlier my picture of you was the about as accurate as I or anyone else could ascertain. It's nothing to get your pretty little pink panties in a wad over. If I've offended you, well, tough. I'm sure you have the mental cojones to overlook it. :kiss:

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I don't see depression. I don't think he would have sought out a friend to watch the game with and chicken wings if that were the case. I think he would have curled up alone on a sofa somewhere. My guess is depressed people withdraw from doing anything and tend to vegitate. And of course can't determine if they want to live or die because it is that bad. I just don't see that from my limited perspective.

Then again, I never thougth Eddie Griffin would get drunk, park his car on a railroad track, and end his life either. So I'm glad that his family stepped in just in case. But what a brew storm to follow.

Wanting to retire is very different from apathy in my opinion. And I would associate depression more with apathy for doing one's job... not caring about it... and not showing up. And I sense the opposite here. I sense his desire to want approval, and just not getting it.

Kendall Gill was depressed, "I felt a sense of being trapped," says Gill, who left his apartment only to attend practices and games. Summoning the energy to get to those was a colossal chore.

He told nobody that his skin suddenly felt two sizes too tight. "I always felt I was strong enough to endure anything," Gill says. "That's what I'd been taught all my life."

Gill knew he needed help the night he went for a layup but couldn't get any lift from his legs because he was so exhausted. "I was coming to the point where . . . something bad was going to happen," says Gill.

7. ruby10football

ruby10football Camp Fodder

Basically your drawing conclusions from very little information and dont have a clue as to what the real deal is. Funny, you fit right in with all the other people blowing up stories and drawing conclusions on the whole VY thing.
    Oh, and no, I'm not offended. A little irritated at first but I'm over it....

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I know I have the biggest mouth on this forum... in real life and on the key board... so now you are calling me a dumb *** hater? :ha: Why? Because I'm not going to stroke #10's fractured, bruised and battered ego. Because I don't think it serves him well? I think Vince needs to find the inner resolve from within himself. He should use fan outrage as a motivating factor. It shouldn't be a reason to quit.

Your sentiment is as ugly as Vince's game and as immature as his attitude.

I hope you both improve. :vince:

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

There's no crying in football. Maybe one of Vince's girlfriends can throw him a pity party and invite all the homers on this board. You guys can sing Kumbaya and drink Yoohoos. Meanwhile back in the real world, the rest of us will get stronger from the adversity we face and set a positive example for kids not to give up because life got tough. Guess what, if it were easy, everyone would do it, if you can't take the heat, take off your pink apron and get out of the kitchen.

#90 Camp Fodder

He makes millions of dollars a year. If he doesn't want to play, give the money back. If not, put up or shut up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar