Vince Young cares about winning.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Stephenson, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

this is like the complete opposite of Any Given Sunday

where the eff is Steamin Willie Beamen when you need him

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If you don't have an avatar, then your opinion doesn't count.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Jonne's got this one covered. Fish NEVER owns up to any blame for our failures. Dude is straight up out of touch with reality. He couldn't have been watching the same game I was because we were NOT close in this game. That should tell you just how bad we are when the Houston Texans put a whooping on us.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Would you have posted this response had he said the exact opposite about Pince?

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Quote from City Paper this week:
    The Titans have not won a division title, a playoff game or even a make or break regular season contest with Vince Young as their quarterback.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

We haven't won a playoff game or make or break regular season contest with anyone really...

7. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

What have we ever won with Jeff Fisher as coach? Oh that's right nothing meaningful..hmm..

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

You could say the same about EVERY single QB we've ever had, except Steve of course.

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I am not one to propagate hearsay normally, but I was told something today by a friend who knows someone well within the organization...this person is active on game days and close to the plays and play calling apparently. This is nothing that has not been said or speculated before, but apparently the depth of offense that is run when VY is playing versus when KC is in the game is significantly less. Apparently the number of formations and total play combinations are significantly reduced for VY.

Now again, anyone that has known me knows I don't make crap up or say things just to stir the pot, but I have known this friend for almost 20 years and I know he is not making this stuff up. I am not going into any more detail on what this person's role is, but when he described what he does it's clear he is close to the situation.

I would think it would be frustrating for the coaches to have to somewhat limit in any way an offensive game plan because the franchise QB may not be able to run something as complex as they want to install.

I found it very interesting to say the least.

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

well then maybe they need to dumb down the playbook when others are starting cuz we seem to win a much higher percentage of the games that Vince plays than the ones he doesn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar