Vince Young: 'I'm an elite quarterback'

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree with this. And I'd like to add to it.

I backed Young pre-draft. I backed Young until about year two when he began to exhibit a lot of immaturity issues (Jax game, retirement, suicide watch, etc....). I was ambivalent in years 3 and 4 and he totally lost me with the "outburst". He just isn't reliable. And that is what BEING A PROFESSIONAL is all about. Vince has physical skills? Absolutely. QB that a coach can rely upon? Absolutely not.

And two last comments. First- this isn't a Fisher versus Young argument. I wish they were BOTH gone. Fisher will be next year- he was only retained because of the economics. So can we please stop countering anti-Vince arguments with slurs against "pro-Fisher" folks.

Second (and most importantly)- Vince would still be on this team, leading this team and starting for this team if HIS IMMATURITY and UNRELIABILITY had not expressed itself again after the Redskins game. VINCE is responsible for VINCE'S actions- not Fisher, not "VY HATERS", not the "anti-Vince" media etc.

He is gone people. Get over it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

The suicide watch was some BS media story. Retirement? WTF. Jax Game? Your complaining because he got injured fighting for the ball?

Great reasons to be fed up with Vince.

3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

The only thing I didn't like about what VY did that day was the fact he did it for the entire world to see.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3577597

Yeah- pure BS. :rolleyes:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d808782d6/article/young-focused-on-winning-being-role-model

At age 24 -- only one year into his NFL career -- he said he considered retirement.

"I really thought long and hard about it," Young said on Thursday after practice. "There was so much going on with my family. It was crazy being an NFL quarterback. It wasn't fun anymore. All of the fun was out of it. All of the excitement was gone. All I was doing was worrying about things.

Hmmmm- more BS apparently.

Let's refresh your memory a bit.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/titans/2008-09-11-vince-young_N.htm

Young generated a lot of negative attention Sunday when he initially refused to go back into the game against Jacksonville. He suffered the knee injury a few plays later. ...

Glad you see it that way.

Yet you fail to address the most obvious point- Vince would still be on the team, leading the team and starting for the team if HE had not have had a meltdown and cursed out the head coach in front of the team and team management.
    :boom:

I understand it must be hard to see things clearly and think straight when your head is shoved so far up Young's azz.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

1) Suicide story. The article says Young was ok. He wasn't suicidal. He was emotional. I'm glad he's passionate about his craft.

2) Retirement. Young is a human. He didn't go public that he was retiring. He was being honest in an interview about how he was frustrated with all of the criticism.

3) You have an argument.

4)Having a meltdown and cussing out a coach are 2 different things.

6. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

OK, now you are just baiting people...

7. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

If vince young was depressed, I can guarantee you it wasn't because of the boos alone. It as probably more the passing of Steve McNair (He WAS Vince's father), though booing your star player doesn't help. Depression is a serious thing and doesn't just pop up after something minor nor does the thoughts of suicide. Depression can happen to anyone, famous or not and its pathetic to see some members on this board going to town with the suicide jokes. Also having depression doesn't mean you can't play in the NFL......in fact you will be surprised how many athletes suffer from it. Money doesn't buy happiness guys. Vince was just a keyhole to the secret athletes try to hide: they are human.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

'the Diva' was some kinda of hole anyways - lol

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

I mean really? :sad2:

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Bring Vince back

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar