Vince Young vs Jay Cutler: What We've All Been Waiting For

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by deeluxx3, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Vince has sucked this year, but I think people need to get off Cutler's jock a little with all this passing praise. Yea, he's a better passer than Vince, but Ive seen Jay play a crapload (TY, TV schedulers who put denver on primetime 6 times a freakin year) and he's never made my jaw drop except last years bomb to Walker. He always seems to have a guy wiiiiide open, so thats more on the receiver than him.

And anyone remember his throw to Marshall in the endzone at the end of the Packers game? Marshall had Harris beat on the left side of the endzone, but Cutler throws a real, real crappy pass. Both guys have a ways to go.

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Where was I on his jock? I said he throws it better than Vince, to which you agreed. And I never said he should make your jaw drop, its only his second season, nobody is saying he is Peyton Manning or anything.

You obviously didnt get the main point of my post, which is that its way to early to tell how good either will be at this point, and this game is not some career defining moment for either.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I thought the Titans were playing the Broncos..when did they change it to Young vs Cutler?

Cutler wins the passing test, Young wins the running test..the tie breaker will be a game of rock/paper/scissors :ha:

4. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

WHAT????....Did my eyes just decieve me?? Titanspride, you actually EXPECT VY to do well??? wait who is this????.......:ha:

No really, what have you done with Titanspride???

5. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I have seen Cutler play quite a few times. He does have a cannon for an arm, and good accuracy, but the kid is waaayyyyy to confident in his arm. He tries to do the Brett Favre imitation several times a game (falling backwards while throwing the ball). This usually leads to him throwing interceptions. While he is defiantely a more polished passer than VY, which was no secret, he is still veryyoung and makes just as many bad decisions as VY. And with the pressure he will be facing (if AH plays apparently), then hopefully he'll make several that will end up in our DB's hands going the opposite way.

As far as VY goes, I expect the same game plan to continue. Try to pound the ball, and throw only when necessary, which the results are painfully obvious are not too successful. I hope I'm wrong and the chains come off, and NC says to hell with it and we have a 60/40 pass to run ratio. I want the passing game to open things up for the run game, not the other way around.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think South Park summed up Cutler last week:

"He kinda sucks but my dad thinks he will be good someday"

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Haha, I laughed my *** off at that line. It was great!

Monday night in Denver, it's gonna be a tough game for Vince. Fisherball in full effect for this game.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

How big of a Rex Grossman fan are you?

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I say the same about Vince, but without the 'kinda'. lol

10. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Im not saying you personally are on his jock, but Ive just read a lot over the internet where evryone loves his "great" passing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar