Vince Young vs Steve McNair

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. split_six

split_six Guest

How did you come up with the win% statistic?

2. mdfan

mdfan Starter

To make the comparison fair, wouldn't you also have to take some away from McNairs stats for the benefit he got from carrying the clipboard and plays in 13 games in 1995 and 1996?
    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1069

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

simple division, mcnair was 8-8 that season, and Vince Young was 8-5 last season.

4. split_six

split_six Guest

Sorry man, I was sure you listed win% as 51% (completion%). OOPS!

The winning is the only stat that matters.

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Please, can we have this conversation once Vince has more than one season under his belt?

6. Xplayer52

Xplayer52 Guest

I would pick McNair in a heartbeat!

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Records...

I'm not sure we can draw much conclusion from one season as far as wins and losses are concerned. Neither took his team to the playoffs so i see that as even.

I hope everyone who has commented understands the comparison is simply 97 mcnair vs 06 young and nothing more than that.

8. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

at this point, i gotta take mcnair, but if vy develops his arm, ill switch my vote to vy

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

McNair wasn't even a good passer in his prime. I hope vince can throw better than Mcnair did (his last few seasons with us) within the end of this season.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

McNair was a good passer as long as he didn't have to pass it over 5 yds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar