Vince Young wants to play, but not at expense of victories

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans News, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I like this guy. You're absolutely right.

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

He only started 2 games that season. That's a fairly unconventional SB win.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Doug Williams doesn't count. Come on. More people will remember Donovan McNabb and he hasn't even won the Super Bowl yet.

Doug Williams ain't nobody. So I call Bull---- on Doug Williams.

My man has the right idea. Just because there hasn't been one like him before that has done it doesn't mean that it can't be done.

5. davidsrobbins

davidsrobbins Camp Fodder

lol, I meant to put Top 20 PAID NFL players. So no I wasn't joking but it turned out that way.

I know you aren't for VY. I would like to see him succeed but I am not actually "for" him either. It just pisses me off to no end that we have that guy on the bench and then turn around and pay KFC a couple more million to start. That is killing this team, having all that money tied up in two average at best QB's. Sure if we are 10-0 then who cares if your wasting money on 2 QB's, we are not 10-0 or winning at all so we need to do something about it. I just want VY in there before the end of the season to find out if he can play or not. If not we need to send him on his way. NOW IS THE PERFECT time(actually last week) so we can see what he has. If not now then KFC and the Titans might get on a hot streak(but not hot enough to make the playoffs) and he will never get in. Then we will find ourselves at the end of the season missing the playoffs and also not knowing what is up with our 15 million dollar QB next season. We have some major signings to do this off season and not doing something about VY will kill us.

6. davidsrobbins

I don't think you understand how much influence the fans have. If every person in the stadium shows up on Sunday night with a "put VY in" sign and then the Titans lose, VY will be playing in NE. It is the coaches team but indirectly the fans pay the coaches salary and keep the team alive. If the coach does opposite what every Titan fan wants then he won't and shouldn't be the coach for very long.

I completely agree that the D is the problem, however VY affects the D. He affects it by us wasting our money. Instead of having a guy riding the bench be your top paid guy why don't we give top money to a guy who is leading the D in the right direction. I promise you that if we had another 5 million dollar D player this season we would be better off, NEXT YEAR VY COSTS THE CAP 15 MILLION. That is a lot we could spend on a Defense! That is why we need to focus on the VY issue FIRST and NOW!

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Rookie year rushing TDs
    Couch: 1
    Vince: 7 (two less than CJ had his rookie year)

Just sayin...

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

id take the completion percentage over risking a guy you are paying ~$10 million a year to run the ball and who could easily get injured.

Him getting injured is the whole reason we are having this discussion. If he doesnt get injured, Kerry never comes in the game against the jags

9. davidsrobbins

Vince showed some moments of brilliance also while he was in there, I never saw that from couch. I remember that Denver game at Mile High where VY played as good as any QB has. He had receivers dropping wide open catches with no pressure around them and he still kept them in the game. I know VY has some issues but seriously when he is on(I admit it is like every 6th game) he can do things others can't. He has proven he has that game changing ability, I wish we had a coach that could harness it and do something with it. Instead we have a coach who lets him flail and burn up our salary cap.

10. davidsrobbins

Great point! However his worst games were the games where Fisher wouldn't let him run and forced him to be a QB that he isn't. I say you run the crap out of him until he gets hurt. Heck it can't cost us more than paying him to sit on the bench.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar