vincent vs. lamont

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i noticed vinni's last deflection that led to hills pick and finally led to our win....did u see that coverage...made him feel like the qb had his target then ****in came outa no where and tipped well more like shoved the ball ...and when a pass is tipped 90% of the times seriously the D will come up w/ it especialyl when tipped high. i like vinni and i remember couple yrs back b4 he got seriosly injured there was a lot of talk bout him and his potential and possible starter role...some1 talk to me whos watching the games (i dont get em)...how is lamont doing now....the last i read bout him in the news was vs the redskins....and did really well...how has he been doing as of late should vinni replace him?

2. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Lamont Thompson made 3 pretty big tackles today, I remember he broke up a long pass that was in the recievers hands and LT popped him, and he made two good stops on the 1 at the goal line...

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Those were his first 3 big tackles of the year... About time... to cut him loose

4. He'll be gone in 2007

5. Lamont should be cut, but he wrapped up jones-drew in his tackles quite well at times yesterday...

I've heard that Fuller is a pretty smart guy, quite knowledgeable of the game, so the coaches like him quite a lot

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

hang on a damn sec
    at least the guy has shown somebody something enough to be in the starting rotation - considering we still have Donnie Nickey, you'd have to consider that LT3 could be retained for depth
    unless you think cutting LT3 and retaining Nickey makes sense

I say we keep him - bench him - let some rooks get some looks - and see how he does in the preseason next year. if he is to be cut, he should be one of the last ones to go

7. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

He was signed last year for 3 years. Unless he's a massive earner (which he's not) or there was some secret option in there which means we have to pay $5mill to keep him.. he'll be staying with us.

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

No, we find a replacement in the draft or FA. One OK game doesn't make him a necessary part of the team. He has ZERO coverage skills and usually doesn't wrap up on his tackles...

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

so if you cut both him and Nickey then you leave yourself with 3 guys who have only been in the system a year
    if he's under contract ,he might as well be retained for depth

10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

He got a roster bonus last Spring, which put in motion, more years on his contract. With the Titans on a winning streak, plenty of cap room, why would Floyd want to let a guy go who is familiar with the system and does adequate work? They already suffered the purge year, why go through that again? I'm sure that Floyd will look for someone to upgrade that position, but keep Lamont to add quality depth at the position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar