vince's future

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vinceisalive, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinceisalive

vinceisalive Camp Fodder

well, as you can see from my name i am one that believe's in vince. in my first gotitans post i thought i would bring up vince's future.

i really dont want this to turn into blast vince/support vince dialogue.

instead i would like for those that do believe in vince to discuss what you believe fisher has in mind for him.

it seems obvious to me that kerry will be our QB until he loses the job; not until he is beaten by vince in training camp or practice. that being said, does fisher truly believe that vince will ultimately be our franchise QB? and how much effort do you think fisher is putting into getting vince back into the everyday starting qb role?

in short, does vince have a future as a titan in the eyes of jeff fisher? or has he destroyed his relationship with the titans by means of his emotional meltdown last yr?

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He is alive. I'll give him that.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I don't think Fisher has ever believed Vince to be the guy. It's simply about money after this season - Vince will be getting too much of it to remain on the roster.

4. vinceisalive

vinceisalive Camp Fodder

that's very possible. but you have to wonder the gameplan after this season. sure we have kerry for 2 years if we want. but we have nobody other than vince in line to replace kerry after those 2 years. it does not look like we are making any moves to prepare for dropping vince. we would have at least drafted a qb in the late rounds if we were serious about moving on without him. as it is we have kerry, vince, an aging qb that will never be anything but a backup, and a qb that went undrafted and didnt even start for his college team.

even with all the probable losses to our defense after this season we should still be competitive. i just cant imagine that we are holding on to vince for another season if we dont truly believe he'll be our starter again. its not that he is costing us much now, but we should be developing someone for the future, and if its not vince its nobody.

also, its not like we are a team that likes to make big trades/signings for high quality veteran qbs.

i think vince will return to the starting role in the next 2 years. i just hope fisher is actively working to develop him properly this time around. it looks like whoever leads the team in the next few years is going to have a lot of solid offensive weapons at their disposal. at least they will have that in their favor.

5. Jazzy Titan

Jazzy Titan yum yum eat em up

If young improves I could see young restructering his deal similar to alex smith this year, depending on how he does this year and if he is given a clear role from Fisher and if he accepts his new role. I hope he does turn it around, we could be a very interesting team with young back there again with CJ adn Nate and Britt and now cook.

But if he struggles again then our future QB will probably come next year.

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Don't knock it man, CFL fixed Ricky Williams. :brow:

8. RavensShallBurn

Oh, this was a serious question?!

In that case, this will be Vince in three years after he throws all of his money away.

[​IMG]

9. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

Allow me to sum up what you will see in this thread:

It will balloon to 30 pages.

There will be a string of posts in which various people who don't like the idea of certain types of QBs will make personal attacks on VY.

Someone will say "Look Morpheus posted in a VY thread again!"

Someone will complain that I don't criticize VY enough.

Someone will say something about Cutler.

Someone else will say "We didn't get Cutler get over it."

I will get negative rep for this post.

There will be tons of hyperbole about how we've never won a game with VY.

Someone will mention VY smoked sausage.

There, now there is no reason for any more posts in this thread.

PM me if I've missed anything.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. RavensShallBurn

Look! Morpheus posted in a VY thread again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar