vince's future

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vinceisalive, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

I know Kerry's our QB for the immediate future but I was a little bit disappointed in his tude. he said this at the pro bowl.

"I definitely want to be back (in Tennessee),'' said Collins. "I love playing with (coach) Jeff (Fisher). I love the town. We're comfortable there. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks they'll start getting a little more serious and throw some real numbers around.''

I mean, the guy made the Pro Bowl as an alternate to the alternate( Favre and Phillips Rivers both ahead of Collins dropped out). I think he wanted 10 million a year and we said no. The pro bowl brings out the huge egos in these players. Hopefully we draft a QB next year and get fresh start with a not-old guy or a basketcase.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I love my man Vince. To me he is by far the best back-up QB in football. If Kerry ever was injured I have no worries. If anything I'd look forward to it. Vince being thrown to the side after being injured week 1 was wrong. It worked out record wise for the Titans, but versus the Ravens I know we would have won with Vince. Vince is the kind of football player that LeBron James is basketball player. They both can and do carry their team to victory. Maybe Kerry is a better passer, but Vince is a better all around player. Too bad for Vince that QB's need to be passers before runners. We saw Mike Vick turn the position into something special with his legs. If only Vince would stop thinking, and just act, he would probably still be starting. If Jeff Fisher is smart he keeps Vince ready 24/7. We know Fisher is a bright guy so I'm guessing he makes Vince evolve into a QB. Only problem is that Tennessee didnt want Vince the QB in 2006's draft with the 3rd pick overall. They wanted a winner and they got that. Hopefully no one in Nashville blows the teams future by dropping Vince. Were going to be good with Kerry at QB, but for how long? I say keep Vince hungry til then, and keep him hungry. He should be our QB. Anyone saying Vince wont be a Titan is absolutely wrong. I cant wait for the garbage spewing form your mouths all backs up into your faces. When Vince was winning games, he was doing it practically alone. Kerry has support last year with C.J./LenDale and better WR's than Vince had in 06' 07'.

3. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i dont see anything wrong in what he said. i love playing for fisher...i love the town...we're(i gues meaning family) comfortable there? because he said some real numbers that is a bad tude? i guess i dont understand?

4. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

I just get tired of all these players trying to BS around. "It's not about the money, I love it here, love everyone, peace and love". Then demand outrageous contracts. I'm not trying to single Kerry out, it's just the primadonna athlete in general. I mean these guys are gonna make millions playing in front of thousands of screaming, adoring fans anyway. What is another million or two anyway? These guys will never have to work a day in their life after they retire anyway.

5. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

this statement isnt always true. most players now adays have no idea how much it takes to run their mini franchise of themself. with agents, lawyers, home boys. they blow money like toliet paper for the rest of us. so an extra one or two million could end up going along way. now with someone like kfc, i have no problems paying a little extra to keep him. he proved what he was worth to us last year. steppin in and taking us were he did. what i have an issue with is unprovin rookies getting 42 million guaranteed. that is what is nuts.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

Yeah, perhaps Kerry wasn't the best example, he's somewhat earned his payday as a veteran. I guess it just seems bad because he's well past his prime and pretty average as a QB. The rookie thing is a better example of ridiculousness.

7. Lord_Drist

Lord_Drist Camp Fodder

I know what you meant, is that everyone at any other time make typing mistakes. In previous posts here and in other forums I have written JF name correctly, and future ones I will make sure that is written with the right spelling. Is that I feel since my post was one in favor of VY, you focused your attention into something other than the point I was trying to make in order to try and belittle my argument but in the end I should not expect anything different from you.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I hear what you're saying, however I don't begrudge Kerry anything. The way I see it is he knows he's in the twilight of his career, he'd just like to make a little coin before he retires and hopefully with the big one. He knows he's in the best situation he can possibly be in... the organization he belongs to, the coaching staff and some pretty damn good teammates. The guy is a very experienced QB that has seen a lot of QB's in his day, and he knows damn well he's leaps and bounds better than VY; thus he understands that he can command that kind of money and not feel guilty about it.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

[​IMG]

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Don't assume such things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar