Vince's MRI Looked "Good"; Listed As Day To Day

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan89, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Test results on Titans quarterback Vince Young’s injured right hamstring were “good” and his status is day-to-day, Coach Jeff Fisher said on Monday.

Young was injured in the second quarter of Sunday’s win over the Rams at LP Field. The Titans (6-7) play the Dolphins (7-6) this Sunday in another game Tennessee must win to keep its slim playoff hopes alive.

“He’ll be day to day and we’ll see how he is Wednesday. We haven’t ruled him out for the game,’’ Fisher said. “I classify it as a mild hamstring. … We want him to practice. We want him to play. It is Monday and the MRI was good. We’ll take it from there.’’

“We are not going to risk him to further injury,’’ Fisher said of Young. “It is likely he’ll be limited if he plays, it is unlikely he’ll be 100 percent, but still there is different levels. We are encouraged and he’ll be day to day.’’

Read More

Also, Terry McCormick said Thornton's shoulder is in bad shape and McRath will more than likely start Sunday.

EDIT : Updated with Tennessean article

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

thornton and mcrath have been splitting time for about a month now, he's the future starter at sam backer next year.

3. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Ive been really impressed with McRath this season.

4. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

Does it make anyone else super happy that Vince has turned into our franchise quarterback? Sure as hell know I am.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

is thornton in a contract year though?...bulluck is

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'm convinced bulluck gets franchised next year, especially if it's uncapped.

thornton is gone after this year. he's a great guy and was a good player his first couple of years here, but his shoulder has become a chronic issue and he isn't playing at the same level.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

The transition into a franchise QB takes more then 6 pretty good games and one very good one. It takes several seasons of consistent, good play to qualify yourself as a franchise QB in the NFL. It's the most prestigious position in sports. Vince is on his way, but only about halfway up the mountain in my opinion.

8. pettso

pettso Starter

I agree. He's well on his way though. If he keeps up this level of play without any serious injuries or meltdowns he should be a good franchise quarterback at least until he's 30 and he loses a step (and we potentially lose CJ). Hopefully by then he's improved enough in the passing game to be the next McNabb.

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

hopefully with some hardware though

i agree though he is looking good. but after reading what fisher said; his style of talk indicates he might not be able to play against the fins, which is bad.

i dont like our chances much with collins under center. i feel our offense becomes very stale again.

10. pettso

pettso Starter

I thought he was talking about Vince being limited in practice on Wednesday and not Sunday's game. I'd assume if he were able to come back into the game against the Rams in a "playoff situation" that he'd be ready to go next week after a few days of light practice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar