Volek Frustrated with Situation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: QB Billy Volek spoke out in a radio interview yesterday about his frustrations surrounding his current situation with the Titans. According to reports, Volek will be the #3 QB entering tomorrow's season opener against the Jets. "They won’t release me, which we have asked for, they won’t trade me which we have asked for," Volek said. "It’s a pretty frustrating situation. They do own my rights so I pretty much can’t do anything. I just have to hang tight and maybe create a ruckus after [the Jets game] and try to get out to San Diego or Oakland." Volek says he's tried to keep his frustration quiet up to now. "Pretty much all the guys on the offense right now are really confused," Volek said. "And everyone has come up to me asking me 'Hey what’s going on, are they serious about this, is this a joke or what’s going on?' and I just have to tell them 'Hey, just keep worrying about your business'. It’s good to know that a lot of guys care about me and my situation, but it’s a business."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. rrunner5

rrunner5 Guest

I think Billy has handled himself very well with all that is going on. I don't think most of us could have done as well if the roles were reversed. He has definitely earned the respect of me and all my titans fans friends and deserves to start on Sunday's game.

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

He deserves to start. I understand them bringing in collins over MAUCK since we had limited experience at the position. But honestly this situation is gettingREAL UGLY:grrr: :banned:

4. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

uh ....

Attached Files:

5. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I like Billy a lot. He should be frustrated, but in the end he has had a good run with this team and a change of scenery is in order. He's made a good amount of money running the practices here while Steve led the team. I hope he gets an opportunity to play in a system that he can do well in. Maybe Oakland will want him. Who knows.

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

They just might. After Brooks, they don't have much else, right now.

7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I like billy as well, but face it, he's NOT "the man". He would be a fit better somewhere else. There are no gaurenteed jobs in the nfl. It's all a business. The coashing staff feels he's not the best for the team. See ya billy.

8. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

It's time to set the man free...We obviously we don't plan to use him in a way that's gonna make him happy...

And yes it's been UGLY...The off season is always ugly for one team or another...This happened to be our year...

I hope we can put this mess behind us and play some football

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

The locker room fiasco that I knew Collins would bring is already starting. :suspect:

Just trade him or release him what are we waiting for? Even if he were to come play for us his heart would not be in it. Obviously Oakland and SD are interested lets get what we can get and get this over with.

10. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

In the words of William Money " Deserves got noth'n to do with it"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar