Volek Frustrated with Situation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Ding!! Ding!! Ding!!

We have a winner!! :toast:

2. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

One thing I'm really tired of is the idea that anyone is entitled to a job in the NFL...

Yeah, If I was Billy I wouldn't be happy with my situation. But before we go feeling too sorry for any of these guys, remember, they have all been paid million's of dollars to do something they love to do...I got little compassion for whining at this level.

I trust the coaching staff more than I trust a disgruntled player...

I think they should let him go...I think it would be best for Billy and the team...If he stays, it's another mill in his pocket.

I wish they would call me, I'll hold a clipboard, or a water bottle, or Kerry's helmet for him if they'll pay me a million to do it for 16 games!

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Now you can keep that prize...

[​IMG]

or go for the BIG DEAL!:greedy:
    What is it going to be?:wink2:

4. Whatever happened to the Great White Hope:hmm:

Walk on Volek...through the rain...;)

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

LOL!! :ha:

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

We'll have to agree to disagree then..
    We can only assume what effect is actually happening in the locker room, and that could all change after game one.. A win or two in a row will have this Titan team all but forgetting about Volek's whining ways.. God forbid a starting QB, even if it's Collins goes down and has to miss the season or even a few games. It would be a darn shame if Young had to be thrown to the wolves before his time. Volek is here, he knows the offense. Keep him.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

But the really disappointing thing again is the way this has been handled by the Titans as an organization. I am not upset with the way Volek has handled it, I am upset however that the same brilliant minds who continue to start Lamont Thompson in the secondary and can't teach anyone on the squad fundamentals came to this conclusion 11 days before the first game of the year, absolutely rediculous.

I think this is a desperate move by Fisher, maybe he is really feeling the heat and thinks he must win to keep his job, while he's destroying the mentality of the team in the meantime. This is a real burn, not only to Volek, but it makes the rest of the players very leery of the organization after what they have seen from the McNair debacle and now the perfect beginning to a new year signing of Collins less than 2 weeks before opening afternoon.

Bottom line, people on this board keep bashing Volek, who hasn't done anything really bad in the pre-season(besides all you chuckers say it's only preseason anyway, no big deal, what about the defense) but the handling from what used to be a top-notch organiztion has been unacceptable.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Thank you Sukrillux!

VERY well stated. At this point it almost doesn't matter to me whether he was worthy of #1 or not....this is a MAJOR screwup on the part of the FO.
    I am absolutely sickened by it, and I'm sickened by the reaction of some of our fans going at him like a pack of wolves...citing "work ethic" after years of carrying McNair's jockstrap....

Damn right.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Volek thinks and has thought since 2004 that he is a whole lot better than he is. He is a nice #2 qb but not a starter and I think his attitude had a lot to do with all of this. Not many back up qb's get drew as an agent. Get him out of here for something and lets move on.

I am glad the titans are making these moves like volek and cutting the draft picks. No one is safe if you do not produce "cut bait" and try someone else nobody's job is safe, I am pleased with all of this.

10. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Have you met Volek? Have you spoken to him about his current situation? If not, then how fair is that? As for my "personal attacks on your character"... I admit that what I said was harsh and apologize, but a certain adjective in your post offended me on a personal level and I reacted in such a way. No, I don't know you, KamikaZ. However, the attitude that you display in your posts paints a picture of your personality and I can make a few assumptions by reading such posts. I do stand by my previous post and challenge everyone to give Volek the benefit of the doubt. You hear these "Volek's a cry baby" and "Volek whining and screaming" stories from who?... the press, media, forums... Did anyone see a video clip where Volek was "losing it" because of his current situation? I am sure he is frustrated and maybe even furious, but he's looking to other teams by now and I am sure he's not acting in the manner portrayed by such faulty sources. One other reason that many may be jumping to the "throwing a fit" story is Volek's agent. I can tell ya right now that I try my best to find every clip of Titans media to get my fix and I haven't heard the slightest raised voice from Volek. If anyone gets proof otherwise, then I will change my mind about him. Until then, don't go around spreading or inflating rumors. Don't get mad at me for counter-attacking. I gave my opinion earlier and some couldn't take it. Profanity is a character flaw and it's against the rules of this forum. So, please, refrain from using so much of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar