Volek Leaves for Chargers with Mixed Feelings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

yep, I'm quite sure we'd be 1-1.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I think we could of handled the Jets if our O was doing anything.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And I think our O would have done something had it been Volek and not Collins in there.

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I completely agree with that statement as well.

Though Volek checked out at the end of 04 and "threw his teammates under a bus". Oh yeah I question if he tried in 05. :rolleyes:

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Hand off to LT. Throw to LT. You bet it is "phenomenal".

6. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Check out what Fisher says about the Volek situation at titansonline. I have never seen him talk about these things before and after reading it I'm glad Volek is gone. Anyone who doesn't want to compete has a problem. If what Fisher says is true and why would he do something this out of chacter for him if it wasn' it has Rosenhaus wriien all over it. Also same kind of info on Tennessean web site.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You're quite naive if you think any of what Fisher says is true. The fact that he uses Billy's requests to be trade last year as an excuse to bring in Collins 2 weeks before the opener and eventually trade Volek just doesn't add up.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

No, that's not the facts. You need to re-read what Fisher said.

The excuse for bringing in Collins was because after VY hurt his hand at camp, they began to worry about the lack of experience at QB.
    He said Collins was brought in for that and to provide competiton, but when Billy found out about it, he marched into Fisher's office and demanded a trade, so they worked on giving him one and DID.

I'm not saying I believe that or not, but that's what Fisher said. We don't need to misrepresent what he said.

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

As someone with no dog in this fight, VY did look good. Yes, two or three "rookie" bad judgement passes, but most were very pretty balls.
    I must say.

10. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I think we would have beat the jets if he did. Probably not the Chargers though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar