Volek or Collins?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nW55Xff0CpQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nW55Xff0CpQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Volek by a long shot.

3. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

It's hard to find a decent football video that doesn't include a ridiculously terrible rap song with it these days.

Volek is younger and has more talent then Collins. Screw his experience, if you've been in the league for as many years as he has and can still manage to put up a QB rating of 1.3 then there's something terribly wrong.

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Volek without a doubt. I personally was quite upset with Fisher after bringing in Collins last year. Screwed Volek nicely

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Look at the nice situation the Chargers have. Volek is a nice backup and gives them a reasonable chance to win if River's goes down. He fits their system well. They also invested a draft pick in Whitehurst who they can bring along to eventually step into that #2 role in a few year.

Where we are now is if Young goes down we go from 8-8 and maybe a playoff contender to bottom feeding crap and our developmental guy is Rattay. Maybe we should bring back NOD.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Volek was 13-18 for 148 and a TD last night, and not even with the first team. They had some blocking issues with him in, but he still managed some decent numbers. I still wonder what would have happned last year had he started. NBC posted his QB rating as a starter, and it was 92..not bad. That being said, VY is something special, if he can just progress to the next level. Volek would have had a tough time here last year, because the first miscue and everyone would have been screaming for VY. Maybe it was just as well he moved on, but I still find it frustrating he had so many years here and was never given the chance to be the full time starter.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Volek..

That whole collins as a mentor line is crap. I don't see that at all. Collins can share some information with young as to this player or that or this defense or that but this notion that kerry is actually taking vince under his wing is moronic since vince is already twice as good as him. A real mentor should be an over achiever(rich gannon) not a career under achiever.

Personally i like rattay more than either of them..

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

VY even said himself how much of a help Collins has been to him.

speaking of moronic.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Uh.... What?

If you said that, just to point out that Volek has won games as a Titans QB, like yeah, I know.

There isn't a debate here, Volek would give the Titans a much better chance to win.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Rattay looked really bad to me. First time I ever watched him, but I saw nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar