Volek or Collins?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

He was as proven as Matt Schaub.

And, we'll see how that works out this year, too.

They're both back-up quarterbacks.

Nothing more, nothing less.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

SD is so much different tho. Volek felt like the girlfriend who had put up with all your crap so that she could marry you, only when the time came to go down the aisle, you went for the drunk bridesmaid who was willing to sleep with you. And that's what the titans did. I think you can earn the right to start in the nfl, and volek had earned it. He was patient. He waited it out. And he had proven he could do it. But Fish rolled over on that loyalty for the drunk hot slut. And it backfired, cause when Fish rolled out of bed with Collins, he saw the ugly thing with no make up laying next to him, and there Keri was, without the push up bra and all up in his face with a saggy chest. The hair extensions were on the floor, and the knobby knees were evident. I think Volek wanted to start in TN cause he'd paid his dues. In SD, he doesn't care, he didn't put his time in there yet. But here, yeah, he felt like he should be the starter. I get it. And while nothing is guaranteed in life, I understand completely where he was coming from. He got burned. He came home, found Collins in bed with Fish, freaked, threw some things against the wall, ran out, and left for California to find a new life.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

But, he'll never start, ahead of Rivers, in SD. :))

Once a back-up always a back-up.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Vince doesn't have to say anything at all about Collins.

And there is a reason Collins was signed for 2 years, and it wasn't because of his on-field performance.

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Nice post Phislamma. It is sad....Volek was resigned to the fact that VY was the future of the Titans....all he wanted was his chance to start for one year, then move on. Obviously the Titans felt it was better to concede that one year to get Vince experience, and then make a run. We will see how that thinking plays out this year.

6. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

yeah Volek...hands down

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Kerry collins sucks!

Wow he isn't mad that vince is starting ahead of him? What a star! All that says to me is that he knows he sucks something apparently some here don't get.

Last season kerry collins was given a job. His job was to start at QB for the titans at the beginning of the season and help us win. Granted he had to work under some trying circumstances no doubt but being a long time vet in this league he had no choice but to prepare the best he could. The end result was disaster. He didn't just struggle a little or play at a mediocre level. He sucked! Royally sucked! He was asked to do a damn job and failed!

In 2003 billy volek helped us win a game against the bills but was injured. With both volek and mcnair out we called on NOD to be our emergency fill in. NOD had not practiced with the team at all that year. He had no camp and barely played at all the previous year. Under the circumstances we could understand if NOD would struggle but he didn't. He played well, completed 66% of his passes and we won that game 27-24!

Nod got the job done under difficult circumstances but collins laid a turd on that field. 3 of them! I'm not willing to say that KFC is better than anyone after the way he played last year and i'm scared to death if we need him to deliver us a win..

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

:lol: Excellent, Phi!

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Slamma's partly wrong..

Volek had a wimpass attitude and whined about everything and didn't act like the leader of the team. Fisher handled the situation poorly and should not have seperated volek from the team like that until a couple of games into the year. Fisher should not have said that collins' was competing for a starting job.

To pick volek over collins means to hold your nose but we know that when asked to do a job collins failed miserably for us last year.

Nobody wants to comment on my comparison of collins last year to neil odonnell in 03? Neil came off the street without practicing with the team all year and with just one week's preperation played well for us. Collins never played well even after a month with the team and some games under his belt..

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

There's no real need to comment on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar