Volek to Possibly Seek Trade?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: On news of the signing of Kerry Collins yesterday, Billy Volek claimed the starting QB job remained his. "I think it's mine to lose," Volek said. " … I feel comfortable with this and am going to just go out there and keep doing what I can do." As the starter of three preseason games, Volek has completed 24 of 38 passes for 266 yards, no touchdowns, an interception and a 72.9 passer rating. Volek has a no-trade clause in his contract, but he could waive it. There were indications Monday evening that Volek already had requested a trade and was scheduled to meet with his agent Drew Rosenhaus. Volek continues to focus on the season opener on September 10. "I still think I have a great opportunity in front of me and I'm going to continue to help Vince out and do all the right things that I can do for this organization," Volek said.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Titan

Titan Guest

I just read this at the tennessean site. I think this is some crap. Im really pissed at Volek. If your not a Titan Volek get lost. Does he think he earned his starting spot? He has done good in a few real games in the past. And we wont even look at preseason. This is a football team and team that needs to get good quick. I think the Titans did the right think by bringing in Collins. We need a line more but this is a real test for Volek and it looks like he failed the test. Does he not think he has to compeat for his spot? What a sore looser. Wa wa wa, They brought is some old guy, I want to play for another team. See, I think Im more upset because they dont want him to go. HE WANTS TO GO, I dont like that.....

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I am happy he feels this way. If he rolled over and just took it, I'd question whether he has what it takes to lead this team.

I hope he goes out and lights it up tomorrow.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

So do I.

But, I also hope the team continues to pusue trade options for him.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Volek might not get many if any reps tommorow. He knows he is done in TN. The best thing for him would be to get released and then take his pick of teams.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'm just wondering what happens if Collins goes out and stinks it up the first few games...

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Release Collins.

Start Vince.

And, sign an older vet (enter name here) to back-up VY.

8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Jay Fiedler

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Why would he be done here? What's the evidence that says collins is our starter? I think Billy can beat him out. Give him a full game, Collins won't be ready in time for the Jets, and Billy will hold it.

10. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Of course Volek wants to good this season, to impress the other teams, he already said it. He knows he is not future QB here, Vince Young. But Volek will not be a titan after this season I believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar