Volek to Possibly Seek Trade?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan

Titan Guest

I Agree.. Does Billy Volek think that though?

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

how many people think Fisher and Chow sabotaged Volek's playing this preseason. Chow knows BV likes to throw the long ball but yet they did very little of that. Chow is the dink and dunk stuff just like last yr. We will hear the same thing "we were one block away" or one short catch and run away" from breaking it.
    What if they played to Volek's strength this season and he looked great. Were they afraid that might mess up their plans for VY.
    To me it would have been in the Titans best interest to let BV lite it up then trade him when he was hot.
    I think KC know he is here for one yr and then steps back behind VY. BV didn't want to do that and the Titans knew it so they set him up to fail.

3. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i've said it once in another thread and saw someone else mentioned it as well...

volek for donnie edwards...

heck, i'd do volek and sirmon for donnie edwards...

bullock, thornton and edwards would make a great and fast LB group...

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If this was the start of training camp I'm sure Volek would be in the thick of things trying to win the spot. Now even if Volek thought he was the better QB it doesn't matter. The coaches have made their decision. All this non-sense about Volek not competing is ridiculous. There is not going to be a competition. That is why Volek wants out. Collins won the competition based on Volek's play and Collin's resume.

5. zackmann

zackmann Guest

good statement...

I think things would have gone much worse if Collins was here from the start of training camp...bringing him in now was probably the best thing to do, if he was going to be here eventually...

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If the Titans are serious about trading Volek, they'd want to showcase him tomorrow. I was a bit shocked to read Volek may not even go. If I were him, I'd want to see a couple of big plays I'd made on SportCenter just to see if it would help bring out more teams willing to trade.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if volek breaks his arm in the final preseason game, it wuld be very hard to trade him. and given his injury history, it isnt all that hard to imagine.

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

volek is ready to waive his no-trade clause too which means a deal could be imminent... check espn.com for the story

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Voleks best chance to play for another team is for him to be asked to be released now.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't see how he'd have any value right now. Has he shown enough to be a more attractive option than some of the guys we'll see release this weekend?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar