Volek Willing to Waive No-Trade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: QB Billy Volek is willing to waive his no-trade clause in his contract so the Titans can trade him. He has already seen his reps reduced as the team puts Kerry Collins through a crash course. There is the possibility Volek will not travel to Green Bay for tomorrow's preseason finale. There figures to be a healthy market for Volek, who has been regarded as one of the NFL's top backups for the last several years, but who failed to secure the confidence of the Tennessee coaching staff in camp or in the preseason. Among the several teams which might be interested in adding Volek, whose resume includes 10 starts, are San Diego and Cleveland.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Billy is as good as gone. After bringing in Collins, it's probably for the best. Keeps the locker room less divided...And gives Billy a fresh start somewhere else.

I've thought alot about this, and I believe it wasn't just the coaches who didn't have confidence in Volek....several weeks back Mawae, was quoted saying something to the effect..." you need to get better in a hurry...at my age I don't have much time"--to VY

That disturbed me...it seemed that he had no confidence in Billy's ability--I figured he should know as well as anybody when he had a winning (or losing) QB

3. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Trade him to San Diego for Donnie Edwards then trade Sirmon for a draft pick.

4. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

This is just wrong.

The answer was to give him his shot, and let him stand or fall.

Trading him gets rid a player that was turned into a malcontent by a bungling managment staff. And that is all that can really be said about it.

Signing Collins was a bone-headed move. It absolutely causes me to be disgusted with the home team. I hope Collins fails quickly and permanently. No team should be cursed with him.

5. ShoTym

ShoTym Rookie of the Year

Let me ask you something? Have you been at every practice? The reason I ask is because it's easy for insurance agents, and doctors, and trash men, and mechanics to know what the professional football coach and staff should do. They knew what they needed to see from Volek, and apparently they didn't see it. They do this for a living. I'll trust they know what they're doing.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

:biglaugh: :makefun: :lol2: :drool:

7. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Billy did make the trip to Green Bay.

Fat Lenny did report that Volek has waived his no trade clause.

8. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Hell no, I have not been at every practice.

I think the team shafted Volek.

Does someone who thought that the team shafted McNair earlier in the year need to be a "football professional" to feel that he got the shaft back then? Hell no.

And I refuse to believe for a nanosecond that any "professional" who "knows what they are doing" would even consider signing Collins.

So you go right ahead and trust the professionals know what they are doing.
    They have a great track record lately, don't you think?

But if you want to be consistant, then you will refrain from expressing yourself unless you are a football professional who has been to every practice yourself. Or you will shut up about it when other "non-professional" dare to express themselves.

9. fltitan

fltitan Guest

He had his shot and didn't perform well enough to keep the FO and coaches from having to bring someone else in to give the team a better chance to win. I as a Titan fan I appreciate this "bungling mangement staff" for having the guts to make a tough decision and doing whats best for the team. I don't know if Collins is any better or not but I am sure we can't come close to winning with BV the way he has playedand I don't believe any real Titans fans hopes our QB fails whoever it is.

10. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

Sorry you don't believe that Collins is better than Volek. Every stat you look at Collins is better. He's been to a Superbowl (yes so has Billy but that was just to watch), he's won Championship games, oh yeah he threw over 3800 yards with the Raiders and a bum Randy Moss all year.

I'm a Volek supporter since he went to college here in Fresno, I just think he's not getting it done. I can't say Collins will, but a little QB competition isn't a bad thing, wanting to leave because someone else came in is a bad thing. I hope he does well where ever he might land in the future, and i hope we get something good out of him for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar