Volek Willing to Waive No-Trade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fightin...

How is bennett a backup? Is givens also a backup? Bennett's numbers the last 2 seasons are better.

As for volek that might be true but if volek was as good a QB as bennett is at WR we wouldn't have a problem..

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Volek is an idiot...

Given his track record as a player and his durability he should have expected us to bring in a vet QB of similar stature. It's just common sense. For a lifelong injury prone backup to expect to just be handed a job is stupid. It's just that management waited so long to bring collins in..

My take on volek's play is that the coaching staff(Fisher-chow) feel that we have a solid and deep corp of WRs and TEs and that volek should be playing better because of that. They probably have seen enough film of open receivers that never got the ball and decided to bring in some insurance. Makes perfect sense.

If volek thinks that he should be handed anything he is an idiot! I doubt if quality offers will start pouring in for the cary baby either.

Volek will soon be third string with splinters in his ***.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You bet. I'd take a road gratin', pancake makin' biggun.

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I have waffled back and forth on this because I have tried to determine why this move was made. I can only believe that the coaches must be seeing something on tape and during the games and practices that they don't like. I do not know what the throw is supposed to be on each play, but maybe when you evaluate what the play was supposed to do and what Billy did they found he just was not reacting and making the throws?

I know he missed wide open receivers in the Atlanta game...I sat there yelling and pointing at them run down the middle of the field while he looked down a receiver off to the side.

Dont know if Collins will be any better, but he apparently has been making some tight throws in practice that must not have been being made up to now.

Guess we will wait and see. Good luck to Billy wherever he goes. He is a good guy, just maybe not our best option at QB....will be interesting to watch.

5. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

ok...you're right, looking at the stats of Eli Manning i'd have to say Volek is better than him then. Better passer rating, and completion % and better td/int ratio. Who would you take?

Not a very solid arguement either way and yeah let's see what Collins can do, I'd love to see Billy start over him. Billy's 3 years younger and doesn't have much time left to prove himself. I think he's upset because he knows this might be his last shot to be a starter.

6. Don't know why slackmaster is hating on KC so much, jeez, the difference that KC is gonna make is very little in terms of performance, I guess there will be more sacks...Volek is annoyed, and is now acting like an eejit and I don't get it.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Seems like you're throwing a red herring into this. I never tried to compare the stats to say who was better, just pointed out the error of you trying to do so. Pretty simple huh? [​IMG]

I do agree about seeing what Collins can do for us. Can't say I'd be upset if they just threw Vince in there early though.

8. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

We agree on that :lol:

9. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Is there anyone like me who --

1) Can't really understand why the FO has done things the way they did

2) Liked Billy, but didn't really think he had the leadership qualities needed to
    be a starter in the NFL

3) Is tired of losing

4) Hopes that since we got him, Collins will do well for us

5) agrees that there is probably more to this than we know ( like he didn't
    earn the respect of enough of the other players --see my earlier post on
    this thread)

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

6) See Bud making their heads roll if they don't turn this thing around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar