Volek's Future?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tennessee, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

mcnair was pretty much on par for his career averages in '05. he actually had a better qb rating in '05 than he did in '04.

2. Fry

different scheme than last year.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mcnair in 2005...

2004 was a throw away year for him because of the injury but in dingers offense from 2001-2003 mcnair had an average passing rating of 91 and of course was mvp in 2003. In 2005 it was 82 and while most of us credited that to a decline in ability it had as much to do with personel. That 2003 team was loaded with good Wrs..mason-bennett-mccareins-calico.

If gunny thinks that 24 game appearences is not enough to judge a guy what about one game? Volek only played one game last year. He wasn't horrible either.

4. Fry

so his first three years and his last one as a starter dont count?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bigtitan...

I didn't say they don't count just that he was playing better than that before. Of course they count and i made that exact point about 15 times on these boards to illustrate that mcnair was not playing that bad last season. He didn't play bad last year he just doesn't run that much or as well.

If mason and mcareins were here last season i think you will agree that mcnair's stats would have been better right? Closer to that 91 rating he had when he was at his best. My point is that it wasn't chow's system that caused that.

You are right mcnair was just about as good throwing the ball as he always has been. He didn't have good WRs in 98-2000 and you see similar results to last year.

6. Fry

sure, mason was mac's go to guy. but volek's go to guy was still here, and his numbers still suffered. that was my point.

and by the way, mcareins hasnt done much since he has been gone. i would say mac made him look better than he was.

7. Fry

like i said about a page back, volek must have done something to make the coaches feel uncomfortable with him as the starter.

your starting qb and leader doesnt call out his guys and start complaining that they arent good enough.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So volek agress with me then?

But he shouldn't have said it.

The line about personel shortcomings. He should have waited until givens and jones were healthy to make that judgement and should have kept his mouth shut..

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Bingo!

I think that's why Collins was brought in. No changes seen in the pre-season.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Yet you still have to wonder, why bring in a quarterback with an even more questionable completion percentage?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar