Vols 63 WKU 7

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by jessestylex, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin's tenure on Rocky Top is off to a smooth start.

Crompton also threw 5 TD's.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Let's see how they do against a real tem.

They did look good.

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

They looked that good and the offense only showed up for 3 quarters. Probably should've hung 80 on Western since they're probably the worst team in D1.

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

yeah, UCLA will be a good next step for them, should be interesting ...

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Scored more points than USC and Florida, all in 3 quarters of work. ESPN covered about 10 seconds of it, naturally. San Jose State was so much more interesting.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's games like these that keep me from being all that interested in college football. The rankings system encourages schools to schedule these worthless games, and then continue to run up the score. UT should have taken a knee for the entire 4th quarter, if not more.

These blowouts are shameless, and incredibly poor sportsmanship.

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

bah humbug Scrooge

WKU knew what they were getting into once they stepped into the big league and I don't believe the ranking system benefits teams that win against poor quality teams like Charleston Southern, WKU and Jacksonville State. Granted the current BCS system sucks regardless, but to say teams should just give up playing an entire quarter just to keep from hurting another team's feelings is ridiculous.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Exactly. This is solely a money making maneuver by WKU. They get to play these big names every year, and get their name out there. It's a win-win for everybody, even though they know they are going to get killed. I know one of WKU's starting OL, I think he's the center, Lloyd Pressley, He was on my High school team.

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Because the NFL is any different right? Constantly having the same teams stack their rosters and somehow always be under the cap. Having the same teams be garbage year after year..at least in college they have a choice of who they face (the bad teams). No different than any other pro league either.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Might get even worse if Goodell goes to a capless season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar