Vols vs Cal thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ammotroop, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Anyone else watching this? Go to chat if ya are...

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

im not a fan of scheduling a big game early in the season, because now any hopes of the Vols being in contention for a championship is gone, and we have to watch 11 more weeks of playing with already 1 loss.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

They deserved to lose. You're down by 14, with under 2 minutes to go, and it's fourth down. You don't punt. Punting is giving up. That was shameful.

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

they had already lost one of there best players to a concussion, i think they knew they had lost and didnt want to see anyone else go down, they still have 11 more games to play.

5. steelrzgirl

steelrzgirl Guest

Well I think that Tenn didnt exactly just say "here Cal have the game, we have a whole season". I dont think thats fair to Cal.

That game was fantastic. The offense on both teams just kept getting loose. There were some great defensive stands.

I thought that was how you open the dang season. To me, that was just some plain great football. IMO, that was the best game of the day.

Tennessee had like 25k in the stands. Thats a whole long way to go to cheer on your team. So how awesome is that?

Aside Mitchell's injury, which personally had me holding my breath, I couldnt have wished for a more exciting game. And yes I do mean that. I sure as hell sat tight while Tennesse rolled Cal last year.

6. steelrzgirl

steelrzgirl Guest

And I seriously seriously hope Xavier Mitchell is ok. I was holding my breath when he was down. That was a pretty nasty snap back. I think folks forget how nasty this game can get sometimes, unintentionally.

7. GoTitans3801

It's one more passing play, at the worst. At best, you still have a shot to come back. First game of the season, and they give up? That's not how winners play the game.

8. GoTitans3801

True, that's how football should start out. Real opponents, games that mean something. But, I do understand why it isn't done much. This is pretty devastating to UT's hopes. I can understand wanting to build momentum. Someone compared week one for most teams to the NFL preseason, a chance to warm up.

I like the exciting games, but man it knocks a lot of people way down early.

I'll admit that we didn't hand them the game. They beat us, pretty solidly, and got the win. Though I will say that we got knocked out pretty early by that turnover, and had trouble getting any momentum back.

9. steelrzgirl

steelrzgirl Guest

Rolling into the 4th q, I really still felt like it was anyone's game and was having that knot in my stomach one gets when you're sure your team is going to roll over and play dead on a lead, lol.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

as a Vol fan I have to say hats off to Cal they deserved the win hands down

not only did Cal have a superior team this season, they showed up and wanted it more

best of luck with the rest of the Season

(Still believe the Pac-10 is Shat though)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar