Vols vs. Cards

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanJeff, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This will be a dandy. I think the Cards are playing too good right now but the Vols seem to play their best against the more athletic teams.

2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I think Louisville wins this. One, I think they are better than UT anyway, they just struggled early in the season with injuries and fell down in the polls. And two, they are playing really well right now, while UT is kind of sputtering a bit. Plus, Lofton's ankle could hamper him. So I think UL takes this, though it should be a good game either way.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I hope, hope, hope UT shows up tonight and Lofton has more than 5 points...

that leg injury he had may be the difference maker

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

in games where Lofton scored less than double digits the Vols won the game. they aren't one dimensional like last yr. Tyler Smith is the best player on the team!!!

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I agree 100% with Tyler being the best on the team right now. However, Louisville can/will put up a lot of points and we're going to need Lofton to at least get into the double digits if we have any hope of pulling this one out.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Many people are hopping on the louisville bandwagon because UT is barely getting by weak opponents. But they're still getting by. I'm going with UT, but trust me, I'd love to see them lose. lol

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

ha no way!

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I am a UL fan, so no bandwagon. But, many people are getting on the UL "bandwagon" because they simply think they are better than UT. They are from a better conference, and have been playing great ball . They did have a slip up at Gtown in the last regular season game, and to Pitt in the big east tourney. Those are there only 2 losses since Jan 28th, which includes wins over Marquette, Gtown, Pitt, Notre Dame, and Villanova. SO its not like it was a cakewalk stretch. UT also went down early in SEC tourney, and has struggled both games in the NCAA. Though Butler is a good team, so there is no shame playing a tight game with them. But I still think UL is both the better team, and the team that is more on a roll at this moment. But who knows, I could be wrong. SHould be a good game.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

UL played better than UT last weekend. UT played terribly and was lucky to make it to this weekend. However, I think UT certainly has the potential to win this one, even without lofton, if the other guys show up. If UT plays like they did last weekend, they're going down. If they play up to their competition, they can pull it out.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

dg, I don't doubt that UL fans truthfully believe that they're better. But from an outsider's perspective - this game will be all about momentum swings. And the media (who I was referring to) is all on UL's bandwagon because of recent play.
    UL is like my team, Memphis. They're just missing Derrick Rose. And that's the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar