Von Miller

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm shocked we don't have a thread for this guy. We have a thread for like everyone else, but not Von.

Personally, Von Miller is #1 on my Titans Big Board. I just think he's the perfect fit for us.

Think about it, if we re-sign Tulloch we could have a decent LB corp. What did we get burned on? Tulloch covering TEs and Hope not being able to help. Tulloch and McRath are both run stoping LBs, and that's what they could strive in. Then we could have Von blitzing and dropping back into coverage as well, guarding TEs. Although he played mostly 3-4, I think he could strive in a 4-3.

But the question looms.. how would our DL look?

What if we drafted Von 1st round, QB 2nd round, then went DL 3rd round. There are a ton of solid DT projected in the late 2nd, 3rd round range. We could draft a big DT, move JJ to DE.

Regardless, I want Von Miller... I just doubt he will be there at #8. But hey, anything can happen. :yes:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

I agree 100%. If the 49ers announce they are taking somebody else, the commissioner should just wait 5 seconds and the Titan's pick will be in.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think most people realize there's basically no chance he's there at 8 and have decided it's not even really worth discussing. If he's somehow there, of course he would be a great pick.

4. xpmar9x

Have faith. Crazier things have happened.

5. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

A few weeks ago there started being "bust potential" talk about him and I thought he might drop to us. But his Pro Day and the Combine basically cemented him in the top five. Even if the teams up there pass on him, someone like Houston or Washington might trade up ahead of us.

6. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Miller-1st round
    Mallett-2nd round
    Austin-3rd round(I would consider moving up a few spots for him, if he hangs around in the late second)

I love Von Miller, he is the guy that could turn this defense around. Would anyone trade up for him?

7. xpmar9x

Miller - 1st Round
    Mallett - 2nd Round
    Powe - 3rd Round

And I probably wouldn't trade up for him. The price may be steep, and considering we're still going to get a good player at #8, probably not worth it.

Imagine this front 7:
    Morgan - Brown - Powe - JJ
    McRath - Tulloch - Miller

:)

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Looks pretty mediocre.

9. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

Miller is number one on my big board.... I really think our weak defense is in part due to the LBs being mediocre... but like Toronto said... he'll likely not be there

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'd take Miller in a heartbeat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar