VP Don MacLachlan has resigned

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

As stated, MacLachlan has resigned. From what I understand, he was in control of general marketing/ticketing for the team and also organized the gameday experience. Stuart Spears is taking over the VP and Revenue portions of his old position, while Bob Flynn(from the Predators FO) is taking over game day operations.

Could be a step in the right direction.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'll have to check in to exactly what Bob Flynn did for the Preds. That does sound encouraging.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Dope if Bob had major input in Preds operations!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Thank god. About time.

Good riddance, loser. You sucked at your job.

5. Riverman

6. Riverman

I'm hoping for the best regarding change, but the more I think I about it, I'm seeing more the organization dropping more VP's and replacing them with some younger (less expensive) guys. Could be changes for the better, but from a business standpoint it is definitely overhead reduction.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I always thought he had a one of the easiest jobs followed by the most difficult.

The team could do no wrong in the beginning. Winning makes everyone's job easier.

When things went bad, there's nothing any human could do to polish a turd shiny enough to make fans happy. If Tommy thinks changing direction here does anything without a better product on the field, this new guy's job will be short-lived.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

very true. Without a game that's worth watching, it's nearly impossible to make a fun atmosphere. Maybe this new guy can take the Titans unintentionally laughable in-game production, and make it intentionally funny and entertaining.

But only so much you can do with the shell of their former selves, that the Titans have become.

9. Riverman

I don't know TJ. MacLachlan was responsible for the Aramark concession contract that was a disaster. He went with the same company that supplies state prisons. Did anybody REALLY expect quality concession products and service?

I'm in the "no talent" camp for him- same as Reinfeldt.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Man, hard to ignore the hints in Kuharsky's article about Whisenhunt gaining power in the organization. Weird that Whis should have any say at all about matters of revenue.

I see it as more signs the organization lacks strong leadership at the top, but that's just me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar