VY 2007 TD & INT video

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Well it seems like maybe some of us have forgotten how Vince looked in 2007 so I compiled his TDs and INTs. I'll admit it's a little hard to watch. However, this video does prove that some people are overreaching when they said the pass to Paul Williams in the recent Buffalo game was the best pass that he's ever thrown in his life. The TDs and INTs are in sequence of the 2007 season.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ouu9-TYgar0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ouu9-TYgar0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Nice job.

I don't put INTs which bounce off receivers on Young but he simply had too many errant passes and boneheaded reads. I've never seen a QB not see a LB in the middle of the field as much as Young didn't that season. It's apparent his mechanics played a huge role. When he set his feet, his accuracy improved dramatically.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd forgotten the circus catch by Gage against the Jags. He may not be a 1000 yard receiver, but he's been steady and productive for us.

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

most of his ints were either overthown/underthrown. hopefully he can read the defense better. As for tds. He had some really good throws. The td catch by eric moulds against the colts was beautiful.

5. tfrisbey921

tfrisbey921 Camp Fodder

You can't judge Vince now off of 2 years ago. You can't judge him off 2 preseason games either :] I think we will just have to wait to be honest.

6. STW Chris

STW Chris Starter

Some of those TD passes are the reason that I still have faith that VY can be our starter. However some of those INTS were just stupid mistakes, mainly because I think he felt he had to try and carry the team and make something happen (such as when he lobbed it in the air against the Falcons and after he slipped on the play action, he just threw it in the air. The bomb in Tampa was also a desperation move if I remember correctly.)

If he cuts them down and realises he doesn't need to always try to make the big play, he'll be fine.

7. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

So many passes thrown into double or triple coverage...

8. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

That was REALLY hard to watch. I just hoped he's improved.

9. TitansWinAgain

TitansWinAgain Camp Fodder

The offense that year was absolutely pathetic and talentless, and I don't put that on VY. He was the only weapon on O that year, Lendale was completely mediocre and our starting receivers were laughable (Gage didn't become starter until halfway through the season if I remember right) ERIC MOULDS WAS A STARTER for christ sake, the guy was slower than a TE.

No opposing D coordinator had to worry about stopping anyone besides Vince because he was the only playmaker we had, which put way to much pressure on him to carry the team and it showed in his play.

10. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

^^Moulds wasn't that bad. He couldn't seperate too well but at least he caught the ball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar