VY ATL Game Film

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You're right. After three seconds, Chow would give him a roundhouse to the face.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

so you're saying it's a process? who would have thought it wouldn't all happen in three months.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

The King would like to agree with many of the above posters - Marquess Young is only suffering minor problems.

Pluses :thumb:
    He's using the pocket so well there's very little lint laying around. :winker: He rolls out very well. He watches his receivers alright, not locking on and telegraphing too often. He has decent footwork moving in the pocket. He was rattled only a few times while in the pocket. (They did have some big rushes - they're pros too.) He had some good ZZZinger passes. He had some good soft passes.

Minuses :nono:
    His most glaring No-No is his pass timing. This has plagued him for some time. Too many times he doesn't lead the receiver. It's as though he doesn't realize how fast they are. At other times it sails too high, showing over-estimation. He doesn't always make the best decision about taking it upfield himself. His most difficult pass to make seems his short-to-medium to the outside.

Solutions
    Spend more time being an NFL starting QB. Spend more time working with the premier and secondary receivers on the team. Design running QB plays that offer more options to get the ball to others (a trailing back, an upfront back, a short receiver). Use two backs more often. Ignore the doom and gloom posters and look realistically at the potential. There's probably other answers.

The King has spoken!

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

If they'd hired Chuck Norris to do the roundhouse, Young would've thrown 60 touchdowns and 0 interceptions last year. :grrhee:

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Why wouldn't they just hire Chuck Norris to play QB? We know he wouldn't ever get tackled...

6. reo

reo Starter

haha who knew??

and btw guys w/ all the Chuck Norris jokes... you're dating yourselves a bit. Who knows Chuck Norris these days?? I do but i'm quickly becoming an old fart too j/k :))

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

It's a smash route, he's the underneath guy on the play, but he's not supposed to cross the formation or else he's under BJones on the crossing route.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Ha, I would have thought that I was dating myself as younger than I was, not older.

9. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Add Chow to the list of VY haters:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth...coverage--Monitoring-Robinson-s-recovery.html

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and he'd be doing so much better with leinart.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar