VY ATL Game Film

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Once a whiner, always a whiner. I'm so glad he's out of here.

2. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Look at the passes where Vince uses good footwork, the passes are almost perfect. What I noticed was that Vince had 3 passes that were very poorly thrown. He had two passes that he made poor decisions on, one pass with both poor decision and poor throw. He had 3 passes that were very catch able but the receiver screwed up. He had one run play where he probably should have thrown the ball. He made about 2 reads where he hit the right receiver at the right time.

All in all the things I take away from the video on youtube is that when Vince uses good mechanics he is a very effective passer and his reads are much better than they were last year.

The guy is progressing but needs a little help and time.

3. reo

reo Starter

haha i'm just assuming since IIRC he was decently big in the mid to late 90s when i was in school... kinda figured he's a bit old by now but i dunno :))

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Chuck Norris is 68 I think.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And carries a 68-year old can of whoop azz.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I heard that this morning. I didn't get anything negative from Chow on Young. He admitted he wanted Leinart and I can't blame him. I'm sure his style of play was a much better fit for hit scheme.

His little comment to his wife about "his days being numbered" when the Titans took Young was a bit strange. I think he realized that what he wanted wasn't the determining factor. Bud called the shot.

Chow is back where he belongs.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

5:11-5:31

On that pass Gage dropped. Gage disappoints me, but adding to it, Vince had 30 yards of running room to his left and it doesn't even seem like he is noticing this. No QB spy, nothing. Just a blocked DE and we have a 15-20 yard gain. That is where we are going to make a living, not deep balls...

I don't know if he is not running because its preseason or he just isn't seeing holes, but the room is there...

Not to mention on that play he had the RB and the TE unguarded (I think) who could of made for blockers had he ran it..

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I would think running is Young's last progression. If there's a receiver open and a running lane open, then Young is supposed to throw it.

9. reo

reo Starter

Given the choice between a 15-20 yard scramble w/ the chance of getting drilled vs a 30 yard pass to an open WR that should catch it... I'd take the pass EVERY time.

he threw it and he should've thrown it. end of story.

10. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I really don't understand some of the bashing for this game. Let's just say gage makes that one catch and gains about 30. If he does that vince goes 10 for 18 (not terrible) for 130 yards in a half along with 16 yards rushing. If he repeated the performance in the 2nd half he would have had 292 total yards. If Vince gets close to 300 total yards in games I don't think there's any problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar