VY Criticizes McNabb on Comments..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mcnabb is right. Problem is the pressure and criticism of him hasn't come from white racist rednecks but other black folks. A black radio station in philly bashed him for not running enough and trying to be too white and as far as i know terrell owens is a black guy..

Sarcasm aside the way vince young has been received suggests that mcnabb is full of it. Look at how merrill hoge was bashed just for criticizing him.

I think we have reached a point in the nfl today where QBs are treated much the same regardless of color. If the eagles were 2-0 now he doesn't feel that pressure and he doesn't say that. He better focus on playing football.. What mcnabb is facing now is the same thing eli manning or joey harrington might have to put up with if their teams fail.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the interview was actually taped about a week before the season started.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I think McNair helped change the way AA QBs are looked at.. especially in the South.

I don't really agree with McNabb's comments. Mcair never played the race card to get to the probowl. He did it with his arms more than his legs.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Maybe mcnabb's problem is playing in philly a fan base that like to bash their teams and complain all the time. Mcnabb grew up in the chicago area, played college ball in upstate new york and pro ball in philly. Can't blame this one on southerners.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Up until last year, nobody caught more heat than Peyton, David Carr and Joey Harrington, and they're white! I like how DMcNabb said that guys like Carson Palmer and Peyton don't catch as much heat as him and other black QBs; Crap, Carson threw 6 TDs on Sunday! SIX! Donovan? c'mon man, insert foot in mouth.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Since it is a racial topic, I've tried to dodge this but, as long as we can keep it civil, will allow the thread to continue.

FWIW, I think it is a shame McNabb feels this way.

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

McNabb has been saying that for a while. Maybe it's just because I'm from around the PA area, but I've heard reports of McNabb saying this for at least a year or two.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Good examples in manning and palmer. Donovan if you want to use an example choose a guy who is not better than you. :rolleyes: Those are the best QBs in the game why would they get bashed by their own fans. How is rex grossman doing in chicago these days?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It's a chicago thing. The place is obsessed with race, everything has to have a racial slant to it and a political slant to it. I know i listened to chicago sports and political talk on the radio for over a decade.

I wonder whom mcnabb was talking about the fans or the organizations. I'm assuming it is the fans but the fans don't draft players and put them on the field the GM and coaching staff do that.

The nfl is achievement based so if you can play nobody is going to hold you back. Not in this day and age. Black QBs get drafted high, get paid good money and have the chance to have the ball in their hands. What more does he want?

Donovan mcnabb signed a contract that at the time was the richest in nfl history. Vick signed an even bigger deal a few years later that was also the richest ever. WTF is this guy complaining about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar