VY Criticizes McNabb on Comments..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

'cept McNabb never said he couldn't handle it ...

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yes i can say he said he was oppressed based on the meaning of that word..

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/oppression

Claiming to have to work harder and to endure more to accomplish the same things because of color.

3. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

lol

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

omg. give me a f'en break! :rotfl:

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

While I agree that all qb's are critisized, I have no doubt McNabb is right and that black qb's take more of the brunt. But I think you can boil it down even further than black and white. I think running qb's are critisized more than any other type of qb for no apparent reason. It just so happens that most black qb's can run. I can name dozens of white qb's who won a ton of games in college, and ran like the night, and got no chance in the nfl. Not one lick. And that goes for black qb's too. Hell, the Titans drafted one of the white ones. I think in general these qb's are unfairly judged. And many black qb's fall into this category.

Honor and Awards and money mean nothing. They do not mean that someone or some group is not being critisized more than another. That is fact.

But Like I said, I think mcNabb is no doubt right. Not only because of my running qb thing, but because their are groups of people who do not like black qb's. I know for a fact that is true. I know some of them. And they will even claim not be basing their decisions on black or white, but I hear what I hear. It's all based on color. So I have no doubt that it happens, even if that pot of criticism is stirred because one or two critics base it on color, and the rest of the media just agree to agree. It's out there. I mean did anyone look at Vince's stats before they wrote an article or called a game. Did nobody see that he completed 65% of his passes in his senior season. Did nobody see that, and then when they finally see him in a game, they always say, "Wow." And they will say it again on Monday night. But Vince shouldn't have to win anyone over. He was a good passer and runner in college, having the third highest qb rating. So yeah, I think McNabb is right. And I'm not going to argue it because it is somewhat subjective given that all qb's face some sort of critcism, but I agree with him. I do.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

What has that to do with the results? They are absolute. They silence all that. If he has a SB ring we don't hear this from him. Nobody really cares about what other people like. I think he's got some kind of preconceived notion of things because he doesn't think he can get to the big stage again. The Eagles look like crap. He knows it. He doesn't have that fire anymore so he's turned to hatin' on folk. That's all it is. In a sport primarily dominated numbers wise by black athletes he shouldn't be feeling that way. Any quarterback that feels that way (as Vince Young basically said) shouldn't be playing quarterback.

7. GUNSLINGER

GUNSLINGER Camp Fodder

If McNabb feels that he is overly criticized because he is black then he should step up and perform better. That's what Jessie Owens did, that's what Jackie Robinson did. They proved that they could perform as well if not better than white athletes. They didn't make excuses. There will always be white people who hate black people for no other reason than the fact that they are black. I can't change that, even though I will continue to try every day for the rest of my life. But when McNabb uses it as an excuse for his poor performance, it is sad. There are way too many talented black players in the NFL who get huge accolades from white people every week to use color as an excuse for not performing.
    GUN

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Isn't criticism largely the result of high expectations? People would bash peyton manning and call him a choker for not winning the big one but many good QBs hadn't won a super bowl either and were not called that. I don't think expectations have much to do with color but rather when someone was drafted.

Slamma's comments about honor, money and awards meaning nothing are insane. What some dim wit on a message board is saying is more important than a guy getting paid what he is worth or making a pro bowl that he deserves? Tell me you didn't say that. So vince young would gladly give his ROY back if we could just change merrill hoge's mind? Is that a joke. The essence of fairness is opportunity and fair compensation not what some beer stained idiot in the bleachers thinks or some talking head.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

SEC, nice post.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

And what are YOU doing, Donovan?

Sorry, D, but it might just be that you're scrutinized more because your NFCCGs exposed you as a hack with a stupid coach who can't tell time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar