VY Criticizes McNabb on Comments..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

:huh:
    If you say so. Only thing I've said is Peyton choked in the big games. I'll bash the other guys too, makes no difference to me...

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Congrats to donovan..

His greatness as a player was never in doubt.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

When can we go back to bashing Peyton full time. Those were the golden years.

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

As a black woman, I feel that Vincent should have shut his mouth and gave a "no comment". I say this because each black person's situation is different. For instance, I can go into a certain Belle Meade store and get treated wonderfully, no one watches me as I shop and the experience is pleasant. However, the few times I've gone into a certain Green Hills store, I was followed around and repeatedly told the "price" of items that I looked at to say, "you probably can't afford it".

The difference would be that one store knows my "situation" and through that, have gotten to know me as a person and treat me as such. The other store sees a black woman and automatically stereotypes me as unable to afford to make purchases.

On another occassion, my sister and I were out on Concord Rd. in Brentwood looking at houses. We were in the market to make the purchase. We entered the house we had an appointment to see and just started looking around because there were other people looking at the house. Well, the agent approached us and said, "oh, you're looking for decorating tips? well this house is shown by appointment only, for potential buyers, so we can't let people intefere with the buyers' appointment." So my first instinct is to cuss this woman out. However, my sister is way more diplomatic than I am and told her to check her appointment schedule for a name. The woman immediately recognized her mistake. In a last ditch attempt, she looked at her schedule and to her horror, realized that we were potential buyers who were ready to make a purchase that day. My sister then politely pointed out her obvious ignorance and racist views and we proceeded to tell her that we would never do business with such a person. Hopefully that woman learned a valuable and costly lesson and have changed her views about homebuyers.

My Mom once answered the door to the new home and the person asked to speak to the owner of the home! Sadly, as a black person, you face some sort of ignorance at least once a week. As a black person, you never comment on another black person's experience with racism or being treated differently because your experience is not their experience.

In Vince's case, he probably feels less of what McNabb faced. Vince was a media darling at Texas and he won a major game in the spotlight, on national television. McNabb didn't come with those type credentials and his situation was totally different from Vince's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar