VY interview after practice

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNThunder, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I just got a visual of Mr. T when Vince said that the Titans would be "bringin' thah hard pain." lol I'm just glad that we don't have to hear him talk while he plays. I think over time, he will improve on that point also.

[​IMG]

2. Zephyr

Zephyr Sec 139

I don't think most athletes in "college" follow the same curriculum as normal students. Show up for a few intro classes, make it appear they are giving an effort...its a different world for them. I seriously doubt Vince could graduate from college unassisted.

3. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

U of Ky use to give all basketball players training in interviewing. They would record and then critique, over and over. This was not a class but part of training. I am surprised that more schools do not do this or at least have a required class.

4. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

The way he speaks has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence, or if he could graduate from College.

"Ya know" is a hip-hop culture saying. I spoke the exact same way years ago. I was straight "A" student in all my college courses.

I do think Vince should take some public speaking so that he would be taken more seriously when he opens his mouth.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

There are a lot of good points in this thread.

Vince should take a public speaking class, interview type class... just because it will help him with endorsements which will make him more money in the long run.

Colleges should REQUIRE public speaking 101 for all their athletes (if they don't already) or, like mentioned before, teach interview and public speaking skills during training.

Universities could do a lot more in creating a curriculum tailored towards athletes, that would actually benefit the athlete.

And personally, I don't care. I kind of like Vince just being his laid-back self. I don't know if it helps his marketability, but it certainly doesn't bother me. Vince is cool. :notworth:

He also talked up Moulds pretty big, what was the nickname he gave him? I'm thinking Moulds is going to have a prominent role in our system. His recent less than stellar production, may have a lot more to do with Houston's crappy O-line, then his age. We can certainly hope.

6. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

'you know' is just a version of 'ummm' or 'like', which is what most people use when they are nervous. You fill in the pauses with it. It IS annoying, and he should get it fixed, but it's not indicative of his intelligence or scholastic aptitude.

7. DannyPitts

DannyPitts "Put a Sock in It" champ

vince talks like he has a mouth full of peanut butter

8. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

I took Public Speaking in college and later joined Toastmasters. In both, the class would clap once if you used, you know, ummmm, huddddd or like. Many people do not realize they are using the term. The clap brings it to your attention. Yes, it is used when one is nervous and also, when thinking about what to say. A stall for time. One "you know" is ok. One per sentence, very annoying!

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

That why McNair had to burn all our timeouts or get a delay of game? Split right, you know, X red, you know, zing pattern fly, you know, on set, you know.....

10. Zephyr

Zephyr Sec 139

I like how McNair used "most definately" as a replacement for "yes"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar